Limbaugh Might Purchase Rams

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Oct 6, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nothing would make me boycott that team quicker than that pill popping racist tub of crap buying it.

It's hard enough to like the team as it is since they suck, but Lardball buying it would just end any crap I could ever give about my hometown football team.

My wish is that the players on the team, especially the black ones, refuse to play if he buys the team. If the guy who owned my company was anti-Semitic, I know as a Jew, I wouldn't be working for him. I hope the players have enough sense to not work for a racist who would be in the klan if they made white sheets big enough.

3. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

I hope he does succeed in buying it. It would be interesting to watch what happens.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Jesus Christ, like we need another arrogant, controversial owner in the NFL. This would be like Al Davis to the 10th power.

It Rams fans have any sense, they'll start deluging the NFL with protest faxes. (Worked for us here in Cleveland in '96. :D )

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Maybe he's buying actual live Rams to eat whole.

6. Shivetya macrumors 65816

I would hope liberals would not abandon a team because of what an owner does, after all conservatives haven't abandoned America even with a race warlord/baiting / voting present / cigarette smoker / President now have we?

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sometimes I question that.....

8. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

There are so many things wrong with this post that I don't know where to start. How about we start with the punctuation?

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He's probably doing it so he can tell his friends that he owns a bunch of black guys. :rolleyes:

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes- you pretty much have with BS statements like this one.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Who cares who owns the team, it is not like they are doing any good with the current ownership.

12. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I'm no fan of Limbaugh or the St. Louis Rams, but his comments about segregation on buses was taken completely out of context. Anyone with a brain could see that he was bashing Obama, not calling for a rollback of civil rights.

13. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

were you living underneath a Cave last week when conservatives were cheering that America lost the Olympics

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed.

Yeah, so were a lot of liberals that didn't want them in Chicago.

15. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

conservatives rally around race baiting / cigar smoker / Limbaugh. :p

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes- but not because we wanted Obama to fail. It was simply because we didn't want the Games here because of our crooked mayor. Big difference.

Macfan's point stands.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Don't you guys have elections for mayor? If 43% oppose the games because they don't like the mayor then it should be fairly easy to replace him.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You have no idea how things work in Chicago, do you? This isn't some tiny town in the middle of nowhere. It's the third largest city in the US- big money, big business and big politics. The mob still runs this town in many ways.

Yes, we have elections for mayor. But no one worthwhile will run against Daley due to god knows how much intimidation or payoffs. Our mayoral election turnouts are well below 50% because no one wants to vote for the guy. The best we can hope for is that Fitzgerald gets in here and busts Daley, like he did our governor. And Daley is a Democrat. The Republicans are even worse.

19. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Are you seriously equating the importance of supporting a football team with the importance of supporting your country?

That quite simply makes no sense.

20. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

For further proof on how powerful the Chicago Political Machine is, look no further than Barack Obama.

21. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Snap.
    :rolleyes:

22. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Really Lee? You think every GOPer was hoping that "America would lose the Olympics" simply because they wanted Obama to fail? That would be as absurd as claiming that all Dems would have wanted the same if Dallas or Houston was bidding while Bush was in office.

Why did I want the Olympics anywhere but the US?:

I remember the Olympics coming to SLC, and I remember doing my best to get out of Dodge. The Paralympics were awesome, but the Olympics was a mess. I think that many of the infrastructure developments were positives, but from my observation it seems that the smaller scale of the Winter vs. the Summer means that we saw less of the negatives than we would have otherwise. Additionally, while there is some profit to be made (China Daily claimed that Bejing made over $146m), I wonder how much of that profit benefits smaller businesses as compared to large businesses and the olympic committees. Finally, I don't like Chicago. I may have gotten past the first two concerns, but that last one is impossible to overcome.

I hope the Cubbies are enjoying their couches this wonderful October.

Edit: Oh yeah, this is a Limbaugh thread. I do think it would be delicious irony if he bought the team and they then made a desperate effort to trade for McNabb, but frankly, he wouldn't be the worst owner that sports has seen in the last couple of decades. Are people that quick to forget Marge Schott? He's a saint compared to that wretch of a woman. But, she is a reminder - owners come and go, a team is forever*. If he works to make the team competitive, people will look past his flaws.

*Unless the owner moves the team (details, I know)

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ya know, I heard he was into sheep....

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi