limbaugh "No one dies from lack of Health Care."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200909300026

Wow what planet is this this moron living on does he not hear any stories from the town hall meetings or rallys etc i know people who have been by these situations I think this guy really needs to lay off what ever he is smoking or what ever he is doing and listen to himself think

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Or political system is getting kind of gross. It's just propaganda and misinformation from both sides.

I think politicians have completely forgotten their purpose.

3. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Kiss babies and shake hands? :D

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

There are people dieing with health insurance because the Insurance providers deem certain things too expensive, I mean not needed, I mean reject the recommended treatment forcing the insured to appeal.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

These are politicians. They kiss hands and shake babies.

And Limbaugh is an absolute turd. The man has no shame, none at all.

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Federal law says that anybody who shows up at a hospital emergency room must be treated. It doesn't matter if they're illegal aliens or poor citizens without health insurance of any sort, even Medicaid.

Explain to me, then, how Limbaugh is incorrect as to fact?

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If you show up with cancer they aren't going to give you chemo treatment.

8. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Thats a case even with insurance, imagine without. The ER will stabilize you if needed and thats about it.

Thats a good policy by blue cross until someone with cancer decides to go postal on their corporate building as they have nothing to lose.

10. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

when I ran a chainsaw across my leg and went to the ER, I couldn't help but notice there were two sections a large one with about 50 seats (about 50% full) and a smaller one with about 20 seats (4 people). While I was checking in I made a comment to my wife, who was frantic maybe it was the enire pant leg being a deep red, it would be a while and she should go back to the house and I would call when I am ready.
    The nurse said I was next. She basically said, you are paying for the services, that section isn't.

I asked what if I was paying cash.
    She replied you would have checked this box and put down a deposit and if it was a credit card you would have checked here and we would have run a verification.
    I replied, Oh.

11. Desertrat macrumors newbie

All I have is some anecdotal experiences. I've only gone once to an ER. They did not queston me at all when I arrived as to how I would pay. First, treament; then, paperwork.

I live in an area where very few have any insurance. The nearest hospital is 80 miles away. Our medics make quite a few ambulance runs with locals who have no insurance, and they get treated at the hospital. Payment? For a good many, it's a debt they'll owe forever, or a writeoff by the hospial as a loss.

FWIW: I have a friend who got hit with a hereditary "water on the brain" problem. Emergency brain surgery and then then after a fall and a broken hip, physical therapy to relearn a bunch of motion. (If she didn't have bad luck, she'd have no luck at all.) Moneywise, it's mostly covered by the existing program of Medicaid and SS Disability.

Note that the majority of cancer cases occur in the Medicare crowd. It's mostly an age thing. "Mostly"; I realize that it's not "all".

Snotty comment: Chemo? I found out I'm allergic to it. 14 hours into the pump regimen, I woke up at 2AM and realized that it took a deliberate effort to breathe. After about ten minutes of that crap I figured, "Screw it. I'll either live or I won't," and I went back to sleep. Unfortunately for the world at large, I lived. :D

'Rat

12. djellison macrumors 68020

Imagine without private health insurance...I'm imagining the system we have here. And what do you know - she'd have got the treatment she needed here in communist England.

Outragous.
    :rolleyes::D

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Bankruptcy for healthcare. Only in the USA.

14. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Bankrupt? Hardly. When you're down so low in the income level, you don't really have any debts, and you having nothing worthy of any lawsuit.

But at least our medical care is readily available, from the standpoint of immediacy, which is more than can be said for Canada:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=33785

"Under Canada’s controversial federal health legislation, surgeons are prohibited from charging patients to provide “medically necessary” treatment. In addition, they are limited to performing surgeries to six hours a week. Gilbert recalled one surgeon telling her, “I spend six hours in surgery each week, less time than I spend explaining to sick patients why I can’t perform theirs.”

'Rat

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Or the cost is passed on to insurance companies outright, or through $35 asprin.

16. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Listening to that was a treat. :rolleyes:

Limbaugh says that liberals are "angry, deranged lunatics. They don't want to enjoy life."

First he says that he thinks no one dies from lack of health insurance. Then he starts name-calling. Extreme case of the pot calling the kettle black. Why should I take anything he says seriously when he is constantly bashing and name-calling all liberals?

The deaths from health insurance has already been explained in the earlier health insurance thread. No need to repeat it all again. But briefly the emergency room is only one aspect of the issue. And they are only required to treat and release. Not to cure. I have lots of anecdotal experiences too.

17. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

understatement of the century

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

19. Evangelion macrumors 68040

"If Stephen Hawking had to rely on UK healthcare, he would be long dead!"

Said by some moronic republican windbag....

20. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I am sure he had a few choice words for Health Care as he stuffed his Vicodin addiction

21. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

I dunno, if the MR PRS participants are representative of your average liberal, then I'm inclined to agree with him. But we all know it's mostly students in here who have no concept of how the real world works.

22. Pocket lint macrumors regular

Weren't you still in the education system, or was that someone else?

In any case, it's been almost twenty years since I was a student, and, say, Thomas Veil is older than I am, so I wonder how you'll substantiate that claim?

23. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I wasn't going to mention it, but since you brought it up, I think that many of the right wingers on PRSI sound angry and unhappy (and a few seem deranged). And for someone like Limbaugh to make those accusations is just too funny.

Happy liberal here! :p

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably thinking of me, college 4 life.

25. Pocket lint macrumors regular

LOL, Zombie. But you aren't a liberal, are you? :cool:

Edit: Wow, I'm slow tonight (I have just eaten ...).
    No, I wasn't thinking of you, because you have been straight from the beginning, but I seem to remember someone else being "caught" being in school still, even if he first claimed otherwise.
    However, I am not sure that's Wotan, though, but it isn't you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.