Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
I'm skeptical but that would be amazing. Releasing a jb + unlock in the middle of such an important lawsuit.

Geohot: apple did lot of integrity and software checks to firmwares
Geohot: soon it wont be possible to flash any custom ipsw

The Highlander

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2009
If he does release it, it could make his case go better... He is NOT doing anything illegal and it's doing it for the good of the community.

Solange82200

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2010
I could care less about free apps, all I want is things like Infinifolders, My3g, MyWi, etc. I would hate my phone without those things, do you think if people stopped pirating apps, Apple wouldnt try to stop jailbreaking so much?

tempusfugit

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2009
Chicago
do you think if people stopped pirating apps, Apple wouldnt try to stop jailbreaking so much?

Maybe. Let's all think long and hard about it while listening to MJ's "Man in the Mirror."

Also, do you people really think geohot would use so many emoticons on irc? Doesn't seem like a real conversation to me.

Coupled with the fact that the website bears the name geohot just to drive traffic, and I call ******** and I'm surprised more people don't see it. You really think his lawyer is gonna want him to continue working on unlocking devices and releasing software to do so?

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Likely fake. I think in that interview he was going to work with the EFF for legal and I just don't see them thinking this is a good idea while gathering defense.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Maybe. Let's all think long and hard about it while listening to MJ's "Man in the Mirror."

Also, do you people really think geohot would use so many emoticons on irc? Doesn't seem like a real conversation to me.

Coupled with the fact that the website bears the name geohot just to drive traffic, and I call ******** and I'm surprised more people don't see it. You really think his lawyer is gonna want him to continue working on unlocking devices and releasing software to do so?

I thought the emoticons were kinda odd to but Musclenerd also said:
@veeence many of the responses (especially towards the end) were classic geohot, so it was either geohot or a good impersonator :)

and musclenerd probably knows better than most on how he would talk.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
While Apple cares about people jailbreaking, their main issue is that Jailbreaks exploit security holes - holes they don't want there.

Then apple should just release the iPhone with cydia + whatever else on it in the master iOS release!!!! It's always going to happen whether they like it or not, so they may as well make it safer. And actually if they do it, they would have full control over the jailbreak world too, unless of course they decided to be greedy in some way, which I could see happening....then comex will be summoned again

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
Then apple should just release the iPhone with cydia + whatever else on it in the master iOS release!!!! It's always going to happen whether they like it or not, so they may as well make it safer. And actually if they do it, they would have full control over the jailbreak world too, unless of course they decided to be greedy in some way, which I could see happening....then comex will be summoned again

Never going to happen, that would defeat the point of the controlled App store.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

We can dream but its not going to happen:)

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
GeohotUS is a parody account. Not GeoHot.

Thats not geohot.us in the interview........ That only the website diffusing the news. The read the article brah. I bet redmondpie.com is a parody account of the only and famous redmond lolol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.