Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drklion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
South Florida
Maybe it's me or maybe Apple did something but I just wanted to look up a song, not to down load :D, and Limewire does not appear on the desktop when I double click on it to activate it.

If anyone has upgraded to Panther please let me know if this is happening with you.

Thanks

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
limewire and anything don't mix. if you like the network, get acquisition, it actually works... returns search results many times what limewire will give you.

pnw

drklion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
South Florida
Some hate Limewire and some like it but if Apple did do something to block Limewire then they are becoming BIG BROTHER and forcing the issue of maybe buying songs from the iTune store.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
Originally posted by drklion
Some hate Limewire and some like it but if Apple did do something to block Limewire then they are becoming BIG BROTHER and forcing the issue of maybe buying songs from the iTune store.

They wouldn't DARE... it's just a glitch. Apple knows better, their users think creatively, and many of them are heavy music downloaders.....

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
What is aquisition, is it as "safe" as limewire, and where do you get it? Limewire will soon release an update, I'm SURE of it.

itsbetteronamac

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Hey yo! First of all limewire sucks!!! And second of all apple wouldn't block an app. third of all if your going to download music illigally, do it right!

I suggest you get poisoned. It allows you to search gnutella, fast track (kazaa), and their own openFT network thingy. It is super fast, and workers much like any iapp, (iTunes).

http://download.com.com/3000-2179-10233912.html?tag=lst-0-1

I must note though: I have been illegal music downloading for 2-3 monthes now, and I don't even miss it. I either buy the CD, or get it from iTMS. 99¢ isn't that much to pay for a song once you start using it.

Panther Blue

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2003
US of A
I Like Limewire

I agree, apple would not block an app, and btw, I like limewire, though you all hate it. Aquisition confuses me lol!

dho

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
California
If you want to use the lamewire (gnetella) network, I suggest you get "acquisition" or even better "acqlite" . If would really like to find what you are looking for, I suggest you use poisoned and acqlite together. I have recieved the best results that way.

If you do use poisoned make sure not to download any ilegal stuff, because that is the network that the riaa is watching

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.