Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bananamonkey, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bananamonkey macrumors newbie

hi there, looking to meet others for iPhone 4 launch day tips.

-bm

2. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Woo hooo! I'm planning on getting to the Apple store about 3 am. I'm hoping this is enough time. I called them yesterday and they said they anticipate having enough phones for everyone in line.

3. aacostarubio macrumors newbie

Yeaah! Gonna be there around 3am also!!! looking forward to seeing all of you theree! Do any of you know at what time they're gonna start selling theem?

4. bananamonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

3am yikes! i guess i will have to re-set my alarm. question? do you both have reservations or walk-ins? this is my first launch day/store experience and wondered how lines are managed?

5. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

6. destrada macrumors newbie

This will be my first release day line experience.. I work across the street from the store. Maybe I will just sleep there o_O

7. aacostarubio macrumors newbie

This is my first release date experience too!! Im a walk-in, they said they will have 2 lines, one for walk-ins and 1 for reservations. Thursday is gonna be CRAAAAZYYY!:D

8. aacostarubio macrumors newbie

Btw, IOS4 is SICK! Just test it in my iPhone 3GS!

9. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Yeah it is! I'm pretty happy with it. I just wish that gmail would be working normally.

10. bananamonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

too funny, like i need a reminder. do they really think anyone is going to forget. :p

Attached Files:

11. bananamonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

i just read another thread, someone is saying the LR store has 800 reserve orders. if true this line will b insane. :eek:

12. dabunique macrumors member

Very true sir
    And u know how hot it has been lately. I don't know how hot it gets on da beach in da morning, but I live in Kendall and its scorching at 7am. I feel bad for those who will have to wait in line.

13. micheckent macrumors newbie

First time RSVP!

I RSVP's at the Lincoln Rd store this time around... So, people start getting there as early as 3am huh?... This should be exciting, lol

Does anyone know how fast the lines move usually?

14. bananamonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

alright fanboys, sleep well and see you all tomorrow morning. :apple::D:eek::p

15. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Im pulling an all nighter! :eek::D:apple:

16. bananamonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

grab that starbucks venti double.

i will be there around 530. hope it's good enough. would b cool if we all could post updates as we arrive at the store, give us all an update, if you can.

17. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Is anyone there yet? Stuck at work and hoping it's not looking like North Carolina over there!

[​IMG]

18. GentDelabor macrumors newbie

The Lincoln Road store will have three lines serving specific customers:

1. Those with a reservation for a phone.
    2. Walk-ins without a reservation.
    3. Silly SoBe homo trash that just wants to be trendy. (Crossover with categories 1 and 2 highly likely.)

Put on some fresh manties. It's gonna be a long night!

19. Jhowlin macrumors newbie

Update from south beach!

So it's 1:34 and there approximately 75 people in line as "walk-INS." the manager came by about 90 minutes ago and said the line was cutoff, that everyone up to that point was guaranteed a phone, but no more. Because so Many people are buying two, that tells me they had about 150-200 for people that didn't reserve.

The reserved line is much smaller, with maybe 25 people. Obviously they won't have a problem.

The scene is festive, everyone is talking and making friends. There's a starbucks here open 24 hours for bathroom breaks and coffee. Had awesome pizza at pizza rustica. Now me and my AWESOME girlfirned are chilling in our tent.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4554404&l=bb99ef2746&id=546518854

20. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

Damn. That sucks. I went to aventura instead after reading this. There's a list here and about 120 people on it. It's mixed with reservations and walk ups. I hope I can still get one. There's going to be a lot of upset people. It's only 245 am!!!

21. bananamonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

530am in reserve line. Must have about 70 or so in front of me. Can't wait. :p:D

22. bananamonkey thread starter macrumors newbie