Lindsay Graham - Looser

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Apr 6, 2008.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Refuses to support the new GI Bill, which would give the same benefits to reservists, who have served full combat tours in the hell-holes known as Iraq and Afghanistan. What is appalling is that 'war hero', John McCain refuses to support it too.

2. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

:D

I guess he is loose, but what is he looser than? lol

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm guessing you meant "loser", but I have more to contribute than correcting a spelling error. ;)

McCain Is AWOL On New GI Bill

Coming from this guy though:

McCain Gets Facts Wrong On Iraq Again

:rolleyes:

It's too bad, I used to like McCain. But things like this, I just cant help but no longer support him. Now I can only hope he keeps doing this and the MSM stops covering more trivial things and focuses on it so McCain doesn't skate into the WH for what should be an easy win for the Dems. He's still seen as a maverick though for some reason. Despite being anything but at this point.

More about Graham here:

Graham ducks question on GI Bill, pledges only to ’sit down’ and discuss it.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I guess all you have to do to support the troops is to say you do. You don't actually have to DO anything to support them, as long as you are a Republic.

Case in point, Karl Rove can criticize Obama's patriotism for not wearing a flag pin on his lapel while Rove's lapel is absent a flag pin. So neither of them wears a flag pin, but only Obama is unpatriotic for doing so.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

FWIW, that spelling ("looser") bugs the crap out of me too, if only because it's become rampant across the internet.

As to the topic at hand, I'm with the rest of you. It's shameful how we expect so much out of our troops and then guys like McCain and Graham can balk at the idea of rewarding them properly.

7. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

OK, I apologize for misspelling loser. At the time, I did not know how to edit the title line - so there you have it. I blew the spelling and am stupid to boot. :eek:

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs