Line in front of apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hpye, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hpye macrumors 6502

Apple usually have long lines when they launch their new flagship gadget. However, this year we do not hear much about people lining up in the news or tv, and it is only 1 more day before it launches. I saw a few people lining up infront of ny apple store but not a huge line. I guess, no one wants to buy iphone 5, and the 2 million pre order is just a lie from apple?

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Everyone preordered and will just have them delivered.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yeah. Sure. That must be it.:cool:

#imissthedownvote

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

#imisswheneveryoneontheplanetdidntusehashtagsforeverything

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

what?

First off, some of the media has finally learned how they are being manipulated.
    Next, some have finally realized this is just a phone.
    Next, if 2 million already bought them, they will not be standing in line. Next, there are way more outlets for getting them.
    Next, the I-4 and 4s are still great phones, even those upgrading realize they do not need the ASAP.

geez

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You must have missed the news then. There's a line in front of the 5th Ave store. That chick and her guy friend are there again this year. Most of the people in line seem to be getting paid to be there though.

I heard some story about a dining table and stuff setup outside the Knox store in Dallas where Justin famously camped out. But I haven't gone over there this year to check it out. I'll probably drop by tomorrow night for fun.

7. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly, may be ppl dont like iphone 5, down fall of apple...after jobs

8. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

That's because there are much better phones on the market then there was a year ago. The SIII, One X, Razr Maxx and Note just to name a few. Not to mention iOS is showing its age and iOS 6 has been very underwhelming, even to hardcore iPhone fans. Times have changed.

9. rsnc macrumors regular

10. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Wait till thursday night lines will get huge. NYC police will be putting crowd control barricades in front of Apple stores.

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Nope, it's becuase lines never start to get big until Thursday evening.

12. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

Nope. There were tons of lines at Apple stores all over the country last year a good 4-5 days early. However, Steve Jobs had just died and that really helped push the hype last year.

13. krnboy503 macrumors regular

this thread was started by an upset Samsung CEO.....Lee Kun-hee...

:rolleyes:

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Brilliant deduction Columbo.

Don't believe the Hpye.

15. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

It could be because pre-orders finally went off without a hitch this year, so everybody who wanted one was able to get one. In years past, servers were crashing everywhere and a lot of people had no choice but to go wait in line if they wanted one on launch day.

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Good point. Forgot about that.

I think more and more people are figuring out they can pre-order.

17. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

If this was a more monumental upgrade with some gotta have features I'd probably camp out my local Apple store in Ardmore, PA. But as long as things aren't insanely crazy compared to last year, I'll be able to walk into AT&T at 8AM and pick up my phone.

18. rsnc macrumors regular

^not understanding these kinds of comments..

this is easily the biggest upgrade yet...

"i mean..it looks just about the same...IM UNIMPRESSED"

19. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I see what you did there...

20. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

There just isn't one big feature that stands out to me that makes me have to have it. I still want it, but that's how I see it.

21. rsnc macrumors regular

in your mind..what would a "big feature" realistically be that would cause you to deem this a monumental upgrade?

you realize that technology can only improve so much..

they put a processor in the phone that is lightyears beyond anything currently on the market..the screen is still the best on the market (size may be important to some but that is here nor there)and now slightly larger
    and srgb compliant.
    is has LTE and longer battery life than any other LTE handset on the market..

WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO? that is actually worthwhile..not just some stupid gimmick(nfc, wireless charging, etc)

22. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

I don't think the processor is as advanced as you're making it out to be, based on the superior S3 bench scores I've seen. It could've been a quad core, they could've put 2GB RAM instead of 1.

And I don't think it beats the MAXX in battery life. And LTE was something they needed to catch up on.

23. bobright macrumors 601

a bigger screen both ways, if the same size maye even just the screen stretching across from side to side flush with the edge so it's a bit wider.

24. Radio macrumors 68000