Lines have already started-London

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
How does this work? Do they literally sit there for a week and take bathroom breaks and sleep out there?

I can't even imagine the amount of money I would lose by not working an entire week. Or the amount of precious vacation days that would be wasted if I took off for a week.

In fact, I'm doing more hours at my company right now getting overtime pay so that I can help pay for my iPad.

Geekulous

macrumors member
May 31, 2010
Southern California
Unbelievable.

Love the pic!

How does this work? Do they literally sit there for a week and take bathroom breaks and sleep out there?

I can't even imagine the amount of money I would lose by not working an entire week. Or the amount of precious vacation days that would be wasted if I took off for a week.

In fact, I'm doing more hours at my company right now getting overtime pay so that I can help pay for my iPad.
They seem pretty young, maybe they're on spring break? Or they just don't have any other responsibilities to tend to. Oh to be young and without a lif- er responsibilities? :)

wodeh

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2007
Norwich
Wait... what?

How can they be that young and not have heard of the internet? You can order online now... get your iPad on the day of launch... and... not... have... I don't even...

This transcends facepalm.

Geekulous

macrumors member
May 31, 2010
Southern California
Wait... what?

How can they be that young and not have heard of the internet? You can order online now... get your iPad on the day of launch... and... not... have... I don't even...

This transcends facepalm.
Haha yeah it's pretty unbelievable but launch day at an Apple store is actually pretty fun. I had pre-ordered my iPhone 4 for pick up in store and lined up around 3 am with everyone else just for the experience of spending time with all the other die hard Apple geeks (granted I was on spring break and had nothing else to do). We were given Starbucks, SmartWater and doughnuts (I heard they gave people Chipotle if they were in line around lunch time). It really is an event. Would I wait in line for A WEEK to experience that? HELL NO! But if you haven't been to an Apple product launch and you have time, you should check it out.

And yes, I do wonder if these guys pre-ordered or are truly taking the risk and trying to get one in store.

----------

How do you keep your electronic gadgets charged during this time?
I'm sure the nice people at the Apple store let them in when the store is open. :) Or maybe they plug in their phone while they're taking their daily "sink" shower at the nearest McDonald's bathroom. Ugh the more I think about this the more disturbing it is...

wsc9005

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2011
Scotland, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPad (1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen) : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Rennir said:
Now all we need is a guy with a Samsung Note to walk up to them :D
Yeh, a samsung tablet would
Be quiet a sight.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Too funny! The early bird gets the worm in London! I thought people would camp out, but a week before is crazy. He he
I'm in London and I just ordered mine online, its now on its way. If they were that serious about wanting it they'd have ordered it ASAP. They just appear to have too much time on their hands, or really love the fun fun experience of camping outside a store.

100Teraflops

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Elyria, Ohio
I'm in London and I just ordered mine online, its now on its way. If they were that serious about wanting it they'd have ordered it ASAP. They just appear to have too much time on their hands, or really love the fun fun experience of camping outside a store.
I understand and it's cool. I like xp too! It will be one hell of an experience for sure! I hope they are save at night!

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Lines? Gimme a break. It's two silly friends hoping to make a scene.

Funny though.

mad-jamie16

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
England
I think it says it all that one of them has a Battlefield 3 hoody and the other a Monster hoody. These two guys need to get some jobs and lifes lol.

wodeh

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2007
Norwich
Haha yeah it's pretty unbelievable but launch day at an Apple store is actually pretty fun.
Must agree with you there. Drinks, food, likeminded fans and even a song-and-dance number from the Apple Store employees. It's more than just humdrum queuing for sure.

I queued for a day to get the iPad 2, and it was an interesting experience but I couldn't fathom camping out for days!

I might drop by the local store if my iPad 3 turns up in good time. Will be interesting to see if anything's going on.