Lion iCal – need advice on changing the dates colours.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greenick, Nov 8, 2011.

1. greenick macrumors newbie

Hi,

My first post here. :)

I've just upgraded to 10.7.2 Lion on my Macbook Pro. I have severe visual impairment and I rely on the magnified screen / white on black modes to using OS X's Universal Access enable me to use this computer.

I use iCal quite often for my work schedule and synching to my iPhone, iPad and iMac as well as my support personnel. When I launched the new Lion iCal, I was horrified to see that the dates on top rigt of each box in the month view were virtually impossible to see. It had changed colour to something like light blue, which I cannot see, not even in the magnified view. You may see them, but I can't.

I'm reluctant to upgrade my iMac to Lion because the Snow Leopard aluminium styling is so much better for me to see as the dates are in graphite. I've recently learnt that I can override this problem by using some certain files in iCal's Resources folder and replace those in Lion's. I can save that folder in SL, upgrade to Lion and then replace some of these certain files from the folder into that folder.

The leather look is fine with me, but I need to know which file or files in the Resources folder that can replace the light blue dates with the graphite ones. I scouted the folder, but cannot identity which ones to use.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Nick

2. dcains macrumors regular

Download and install Lion Tweaks 1.3.1, which will easily allow you to change both the calendar and address book to the older aluminum style:

http://ifredrik.com/applications/