Lion is making me want to buy a Magic Trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by spaceballl, Jul 21, 2011.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Anyone else? I really like a lot of the gestures, especially those for switching between virtual desktops, but they're way too hard to pull off on the magic mouse.

2. ruvil macrumors regular

I have a magic trackpad already to my iMac and i can assure you, the new swipes are truly amazing.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yeah i guess it may be time for me to ditch the mouse...

4. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I have a MacBook Pro and I'm even wanting a Magic Trackpad in addition to the wireless keyboard. I can't see myself buying a regular mouse setup anymore.

5. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Yup! Not surprised at all to hear this based on how iOS driven Lion is. I am planning on installing Lion tonight on my MBP. I see a trip to the Apple store for a magic track pad soon! :)

6. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

You NEEEEEEED one to experience Lion. The OS was CLEARLY made for the magic trackpad. I could not imagine using it with a mouse

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Ah so this is one of the undocumented features of Lion, installed. The intense desire to acquire more hardware! :D Cool! :confused:

8. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Well I'm using the Magic Mouse with Lion and I gotta say, it works just fine for Lion!

In Safari, one finger swipe left or right to go back and fourth, two finger swipe left or right to switch between spaces/full-screen apps, double tap with two fingers to launch mission control, and one finger tap within certain apps such as Safari to zoom in the page.

Honestly, with the exception of no gesture for launching Launchpad with the mouse, I don't see why I'd need a magic trackpad when I already own a Magic Mouse.