Lion likes her snooze (re-sleeps on MBP lid open)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Erasmus, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

So, Lion is really cool. I love throwing windows and screens around!

However, I have a consistent, and irritating, sleep bug with my 2011 MBP. When I close the lid, the computer appears to sleep normally, however when I open the lid later, the computer wakes up, and then immediately goes back to sleep! I then have to press a key or trackpad to get it to wake a second time, and then it stays awake.

So... WTF????

Anyone else got a similar problem? Anyone else got a possible solution? I don't have a freaking clue. :confused:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Any chance you have Air Display installed? If you do, check for an update or see if removing it addresses the problem.

3. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Nope. I do not use any external displays, only the internal one.

4. enricoandreoli macrumors newbie

5. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I'm bumping this because it still happens, and I can't for the life of me find a solution. It is REALLY ANNOYING!!! Especially as sometimes it waits until I've logged back in before going back to sleep.

Is anyone else still having this problem, or is it just me? Or has everyone else just given up trying to fix it?

6. Coolestdude macrumors member

The behavior doesn't change if you close/open the lid faster does it? I've noticed that when I'm really gentle, it doesn't sense things correctly and I usually end up holding the power button. I've just learned to not be as gentle with it, mostly when closing it.

7. Erasmus thread starter macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I'm not especially gentle with it.