List every reason you can think of why a iPhone 3GS would have the WSOD.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BugBytes, Aug 19, 2012.

1. BugBytes macrumors regular

I have a black 32GB iPhone 3GS that I'm fixing. It has the WSOD (white screen of death) no matter if it has a good LCD and digitizer or a broken one, so it's not the LCD front assembly itself. The pin connector for the LCD is slightly damaged, so that may be a problem, but I need to find out all the other fixes I could try before sending it in for a hardware repair, because the 30$ I'll spend on that is pointless if it's a software issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, I'm currently working on using this guide to try to fix it:

http://www.macciti.com/showthread.php?t=4848

Thanks!

2. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

Think you've answered your question there. I don't think S/W issue would cause this. However, why not just restore the iPhone to factory settings (Restoring the OS) and if you have same issue, then I think it's a H/W problem.

3. BugBytes thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that's the plan. I think it's the 1 connector (which connects the LCD to the logic board I think) so I'll have that replaced and it will probably be fixed. I was just fishing for any last things to try before I spend $30 on a repair.