List: Members waiting to buy the new MB/MBP from their local Apple Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thefamousgrouse, Feb 26, 2008.

1. thefamousgrouse macrumors newbie

So I went into my local Apple store (Columbus, Ohio) at opening time, and no new Macbook Pros! Salesperson said they expect them today, but couldn't give an estimated time.

Anyone have any luck with new units actually in stock? Any guesses as to when they will arrive?

2. thefamousgrouse thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone had any luck with the new models being in stock?

3. weichengwang macrumors newbie

4. weizilla macrumors regular

i just called my local store. they said the new models will be out at 4-5 pm. I will give them a call again then just to make sure they're available before the 20 min drive

5. Macmel macrumors 6502

NYC stores (5th and Soho, long line of calls at 14th st) don't have it yet and don't know when it is going to be shipped. I just called 30 min ago

6. stevelaw macrumors member

Got Mine - Tampa

Base model, matte screen Tampa FL Store. I was the third one out of the store at 12:15pm. They weren't sure how many they had in stock.

7. JCT macrumors 6502

Apparently some stores (Palisades in NY and Stamford in CT) have the base models of the 15" MBP in stock.

JT

8. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Agghh...

I'm going to have to wait till the beginning of April to buy mine. I am going to be spending my entire college overage check on one.

I know...it's not the responsible decision, but technically the computer IS for school...

9. tdub1974 macrumors newbie

OK, so I got one after getting different stories from every associate in the store. I asked for the 17" $2799. They checked me out, total matched. I was so excited I didn't even look.

Just got home and they gave me the 2.6 ghz and 7400 15"--

I called the store and they don't know if they have 17" in or not. It is a 35 minute drive so I don't know whether to go back up there or not!