List of software that's worthy of the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mgpg89, Dec 28, 2008.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

There's so much software floating around that - to me - isn't worthy of the Mac ... A crappy GUI, terrible performance and they look like Windows ports most of the time.

I know, I know: "If you don't like it, don't use it." Agreed.
    But once in a while, I'm really glad to come across some amazing Mac software, that actually looks & feels like it could be developed by the guys in Cupertino themselves.

This is a list of software that lives up to my expectations of great Mac software. (feel free to add / discuss)

[​IMG]

The people over at Jumsoft did a really great job developing this. It's a great application that makes a dull task like accounting, actually (well, kinda) exciting and looks stunning while doing it.

> Link to developer's website

[​IMG]

CandyBar is great software to improve your Mac OS X experience, look & feel. Change your dock, edit icons, even apply entire themes (iContainers) ... This boy's up to the job.

[​IMG]

Transmit is easily - to me - the best FTP software developed for the Mac platform. While it has almost all the advanced features you could ask for, even users new to the subject can use it without breaking a sweat.

[​IMG]

Just discovered this one last week, but boy, am I addicted to it. It's a fantastic app to manage and view your RSS feeds. It actually treats your news like news, not like a website. You have to try this one out for sure if you subscribe to RSS feeds.

[​IMG]

Wallet is actually a cross-platform app, with the platforms being the Mac and the iPhone/iPod touch. Easily and securely store all your credit card information, passwords, software license codes etc ... Fully integrated with Safari. You should definitely give this one a go.

So ... I'm sure you guys have a lot to contribute to this, so go ahead!

2. mgpg89 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

[​IMG]

Cha-Ching is a fun and easy to use money manager, with a slick interface that uses advanced functionality built into OS X.