Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kpigout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
I now have my new 6+ and I have my Motorola Sliver II Bluetooth earpiece paired. Works fine for calls, but when I try to listen to music or a video, the sound all comes thru the phone speaker and not the earpiece? Anyone know the problem or solution to this?

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
Pull up the control centre and click AirPlay. See if the headset shows up there then select it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I now have my new 6+ and I have my Motorola Sliver II Bluetooth earpiece paired. Works fine for calls, but when I try to listen to music or a video, the sound all comes thru the phone speaker and not the earpiece? Anyone know the problem or solution to this?

That headset is for talking not streaming music.

kpigout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
Problem solved. The Sliver II only allows 1 streaming music connection when paired to 2 devices. My Galaxy was device 1, so it would only play on that one till I changed the order.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Problem solved. The Sliver II only allows 1 streaming music connection when paired to 2 devices. My Galaxy was device 1, so it would only play on that one till I changed the order.

Great to hear I'm still confused as to why a single ear headset would even stream audio or is it both ears? from the picture I saw it looked like 1 ear.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
I understand what A2DP is I'm just curious what purpose it would serve on a device with only 1 ear piece. For example you wouldn't get the best experience listening to music with only 1 ear.

To listen to audio through the ear piece. My Bluetooth ear piece does it. I can listen to baseball games and when I get a call, answer the call. My portable Bluetooth wireless speaker is mono and is designed for streaming music. It also can do hands free, if I wanted, though I have no good reason to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.