Little Girl Getting Kicked Out of KFC Was Reportedly a Huge Hoax

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 24, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://gawker.com/little-girl-getti..._source=gawker_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
    wow, I need to start a donation page, I am short/fat/bald/ugly & my mom dresses me funny, as a result women has discriminated against me based on my looks all my life :eek:

2. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Sorry, you are not a little white girl.

No sympathy for you!

Next.

3. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

This is 'Murica. I see criminal proceedings in the near future. Conspiracy to commit fraud or some such charge. Excrement is about to make physical contact with an electric powered oscillating air current distribution device.:eek:

4. stroked Suspended

stroked

What are you, a race baiter? You need to change your user name to Al Sharpton.

KFC can sue them for libel, but if you rest of the story is true, they might not be able to press charges.

5. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

People like this make the public more wary of donating anything to anyone ever. KFC should sue the hell out of them.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think gofundme should refund all of the donations and close the fundraiser.

7. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Yes and no.

This question isn't directly directed towards you, but was there really a three-year-old who had been attacked by a pit bull whom still needed facial reconstruction surgery and had other medical expenses/fees?

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

From what I gather from other coverage of the fraud, there is a little girl and that really happened.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

If the family did this to raise money, I'd say there is a good case for fraud. KFC, certainly has a suit for libel and defamation. The manager, who they lied about would also have a case.

10. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

These things seem to be happening more and more. Remember balloon boy? :D

11. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I'm not sure that they happen more, or if the reporting just goes out farther. Things used to be more isolated to a smaller audience.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

13. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

FYI:

[​IMG]

14. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Seems like there have always been enquiring minds that wanted to know...

15. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

… single payer.

16. samiwas macrumors 65816

There's also something now that didn't exist too long ago: online public "fund me" sites. Now even a college girl who wants a new laptop can raise money in an amount of hours from people in every corner of the globe. This makes the possibility for fraud much easier and faster these days, which I have no doubt has increased the number of cases. I don't think this one is just a level of reporting.

17. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Don't know who to believe ........ you can't trust KFC either, they will say and do anything to deny a bad reputation. This is why you should take your camera phone out and record things yourself when it happens.

Unfortunately the little girl being injured by a dog bite is real. At least that got the attention.

18. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Hoax or not, KFC said that they are standing behind their $30k donation, which I think is a pretty big on their part. This is why businesses have to have security cameras. For their own protection and the protection of others.

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Of course they would. It's all about PR.

20. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

If I owned the business, I'm not sure I would have still given the money if I discovered that they had tried to scam me.

21. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

KFC donating $30k is like you dropping a fiver in the donation bucket.

22. geekgirl macrumors regular

If I were KFC, I would pay the bill directly.

23. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

There is still that point that if it was a hoax, someone set out to harm their business. Will it start a slippery slope?

24. samiwas macrumors 65816

I think someone just set out to enrich themselves as the expense of others through deceitful methods (not unusual in some circles). Probably not a calculated plot to harm KFC.

What slippery slope do you think it's starting?

25. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

If KFC were to sue or press charges. They would have to provide the video footage. Any moment of missing footage or alteration and the case collapses and hurts KFC reputation.

I'm not saying it can't be a hoax, but it's crazy how everyone so easily dismisses what allegedly happened based on a company's unnamed third party investigation.