Little Rock TV anchor dies following assault

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You may've already seen the story about the Little Rock, Arkansas TV morning anchor, Anne Pressly, who was severely beaten. Well, she's died.

Horrible.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, she must have took quite a beating to have died from it. :(

3. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I just saw on line this am. Another one of those deaths you just ask yourself, "Why?" "What is so important that you have to kill someone for it?"
    My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

4. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Hopefully, the cops will get this guy, and bury him UNDER the jail. Family might do it for them. Robbery was no reason to beat her like he did.

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Unfortunately, there are currently no real leads in the investigation. Little Rock Police were hoping to get new information from her once she became conscious.

Just this past Friday, her doctors were expecting her to make a full recovery over time.

Although I didn't know Anne personally, I was a member of a group that invited her to speak at a conference. She was very gracious and gave a enthusiastic speech on broadcast journalism.

It's a sad situation. She'll be dearly missed here in Arkansas. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and the staff at KATV.

For more information, http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1008/564436.html.

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

This has been a horrible story for our neck of the woods. Human beings never seize to amaze me in how cruel we can be.

jon

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Guilty on all counts

Well, they found him guilty on all counts. He could face the death penalty here in Arkansas.

"After deliberating slightly more than two hours, a jury Wednesday found a man guilty of capital murder and other charges in the October 2008 death of Arkansas television anchor Anne Pressly, according to CNN affiliate KARK.

Curtis Lavelle Vance, 29, was convicted of capital murder, residential burglary, rape and theft of property, the station reported. He could face the death penalty.

Pressly, 26, the morning news anchor for Little Rock, Arkansas, television station and CNN affiliate KATV, was found badly beaten and unconscious in her home. She died five days later."

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1109/677222.html
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/11/arkansas.anchor.slain/index.html