Little spec of dust under my 4S screen...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miragebg, Oct 26, 2011.

1. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Hello, guys!
    I have one very thin spec of dust under the screen near to the home button. This is my second replacement- first had very uneven backlight and a dead pixel.
    This one is perfect as white ballance and display in overall, but came with this piece of dust and two very thin inner diagonal scratches under the glass of the screen. Both problems are hard to be noticed exept you are looking carefully straight for them.
    I bought another white 4S to make a choice between my second black replacement and the white one, but the white had this terible "interlace scan lines" problem and very washed display, so I took it back imediatelly.
    Should I bother to take the one with this cosmetic issues back and to risk of getting another one, which may have even worse problems like dead pixels, uneven whites, scan lines...
    What you would do?

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Take it back. It is fair grounds for a replacement because if one spec of dust got under there, then it clearly isn't sealed properly and could easily get worse.

Just inspect the replacement closely in store.

3. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think this piece of dust got there during the manifactoring process and once the display has glued to the touch screen- it will be there and I don't expect more to get there...

4. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some other advices? I know here is full of strict users, who can give a good reasonable advices:))

5. Sith Vol macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the same problem as you, also 3 hairline scratches in the screen that I know I didn't cause. I'm going to the Genius bar today for that and volume issues. It's driving me nuts.

6. ijohnbro macrumors regular

Gorilla Glass?

7. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

Did you ever go back for a replacement?

Last night, I found a small speck while wiping my screen that I swear wasn't there when I got the phone 2 weeks ago.

9. miragebg thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, I sold this phone and bought a new one. Couldn't stand this cosmetic issues..

10. curitibagarrett macrumors member

This happened 5 times to my 3g before they actually gave me a refurbished unit.

11. matttye macrumors 601

If its very hard to see unless you look for it then why even consider changing it, just ignore it.

12. samven582, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

samven582 macrumors 6502a

I purchase a white 16gb unlocked iPhone 4s today at my local Apple store. Unfortunately it has a few specks of dust under the screen. Do I really need to make a genius bar appointment to replace it?

13. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

If you just bought it you can just get it exchanged in the first 14 days

14. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

if it bothers you i would. I have had my phone replaced for this very reason, however the dust was actually quite a large speck in comparison.

They will replace it.