Live Photo Editing

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by rstark18, Jul 24, 2017.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I haven't been a Live Photo user as I didn't see the need. Now with the ability to "choose" the frame of the photo I thought I'd start playing with it.
    DP4 is the first version (in iOS 11) that I am using Live Photos with so these might be long term issues. My problems are:

- Can't slide my finger along the "timeline to choose the frame I'd like. Instead I have to tap at the timeline to pick the one I want. I was under the impression you could slide it.
    -Can't trim the live photo using the beginning and end edit bars. Not like I'd personally use this feature but I noticed it's not working for me.

I have tried closing all open apps and a hard reboot with no success. So is this a bug affecting a limited number of users or most users?

2. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

Have not encountered this yet on the betas. The above mentioned are working great for me. What device are you using?

3. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is on an iPhone 7.

4. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

These features were implemented in new betas released today.

- cropping live start and end points
    - dragging key photo selection

5. Chazzle macrumors 68000

Chazzle

Those were active since beta 1. Seems like a few people had a bug though in which it wasn’t working. Hopefully that’s fixed for them now.

6. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

My bad, only just started working on latest beta with my iPhone 6s.