Live stream of the iPhone event

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jordan246, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Jordan246 macrumors regular

Jordan246

Do you guys think that apple will stream the iPhone 6 event what do you guys think

2. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

3. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

Didn't they stream the 4S, 5, and 5S keynotes? Or did they just post them later that day?

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

5. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm sure it will be. Seems like they might be live streaming the new designed iPhones, and not live streaming the S series iPhones.

6. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

I don't think any of the iPhone events were live streamed (4s and later). Previous ones were introduced during WWDC and were live streamed I think.

7. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

It's likely, but no one knows. If Apple is going to stream it they usually announce it a couple days to a couple hours before the event.

8. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I'm going to say yes, I'm certainly expecting them too. But this would be the first 'fall' iphone events to be streamed. This is because

- Event Live Stream was only re-introduced in October 2012 (missed iPhone 5 event).
    - iPhone 5s event location was too small to fit the equitment in. It was in Apples town hall which is tiny.

The Flint Centre is huge, and seats 2000, so id expect they'll be able to fit the equitment in. Also, this is, probably, going to be an important event in Apple history. Therefore, I expect they'll want to live stream it.

9. STEVEN P. JOBS macrumors newbie

This is not true. Apple has cameras to record every event. They post the video later in the day. "Lack of room for equipment" is not an issue. I actually think that Apple won't stream if they don't believe they can handle the load. Streaming WWDC and iPad announcements is 1 thing, but a lot more people are interested in new iPhones and maybe they just don't stream iPhone events because if it is pausing and buffering due to the load, then it doesn't look good. Apple is all about their presentation.

10. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I really don't think it's just 'load'. Of course, load has got to be an issue, but is there really a large amount of 'ordinary people', out of the apple community watching these events? Of course, there will be some, but I doubt numbers between WWDC/iPad event differ that much from the iPhone event and therefore, I suspect that they'll be live streaming the event on apple.com.

11. STEVEN P. JOBS macrumors newbie

But they have never streamed an iPhone event... EVER. They have streamed all other events around the iPhone event for the past 2 years.

12. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

13. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

I really hope they decide to live stream it, but history has shown that Apple usually doesn't stream iPhone events. Besides, wouldn't they have announced that it could be streamed by now?

If it's not live streamed by Apple, I'll just read a tech blog's live stream feed. Almost the same thing :cool:

14. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Believe this was asked in a thread a few days ago.

My bet is yes.

:apple:

15. Jordan246 thread starter macrumors regular

Jordan246

I know the events are not streamed live but does apple like put the keynote of the event on after the event is over because I remember the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c were not streamed live but I know it was available to watch a few hours after the event is this true.

16. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yeah, they always put the video of the event up afterwards so that's a definite. But whether it'll be live streamed we won't really know til maybe the day before.

17. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Regarding when Apple will announce it, they usually announce it on the day, or a few days before that they are going to be streaming it. I suspect it will be, but we won't know for sure until the day.

18. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

19. Izauze macrumors 6502

Definitely. They're not going to put on this big of a show and have peoples first experience of it be a crappy live blog.

20. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Why?

----------

I'm thinking that, because this seems to be geared up to be such as big event. It would seem silly not to announce it.

21. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Only the last 2 (or 3) WWDC's has been live streamed. And WWDC is different than a normal keynote, as it is for the developers, and many developers are watching, that didn't get picked out for tickets.

Also, the October '13 event were live streamed.

So nothing is sure. Going by history, I'd say no. But I hope they will begin live-streaming all keynotes.

22. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'd say expected bandwidth would be the same as WWDC. I honestly think that the reason why the September 2013 event wasn't streamed was due there not being enough bandwidth at Town Hall to make it suitable. This isn't at Town Hall and is a flint centre so, we can only hope!

23. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

They don't stream it to everyone FROM the place of the event.

They have ONE single video stream going to their CDN (probably Akamai), which streams to all the viewers.

It is no problem streaming it. They could do it fine with a 4G connection at the Flint Centre :cool:

24. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Just based on past events
    I'd love to be proved wrong tho, live blogs are good but would love to see it live.

25. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Here is hoping AppleTV gets it's own channel to watch a live stream