Live wallpapers in ios6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chris66green, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Chris66green macrumors newbie

Do you think iOS 6 will have live wallpapers?

2. TennisandMusic

I personally hope not. Too resource wasting for something that doesn't really matter.

3. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

^This. Sure it'd look nice, but personally I'd rather have more resources for something else, not a moving wallpaper that's obstructed by icons anyways.

4. cu2011 macrumors newbie

it'd probably make the phone slower and consume more battery?

5. Chris66green, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

Chris66green thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, live wallpapers would probably be a bad idea.:p

6. Sunsean macrumors 6502

As a former android user, when live wallpapers first hit I thought they were awesome. But I quickly realized that they are more distracting than anything. Plus all the above of resource hogging is true.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It would be just another spec to turn off to save battery and actually become part of the list that members tell new members on what to turn off to conserve juice !

8. kilj0y macrumors member

Aint that the truth, when I use one of my android phones as a music player I like to turn it on for entertainment value but if it is my main phone that is definitely a feature I could live without on a 4g phone.

9. Shanekarpi251 macrumors member

I had live wallpapers on my previous android phone & I rarely used them because of battery drain. Sure they look nice but that's basically it.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I hope not. A total waste of resources and having had them, I'm not fond of them.

11. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Why do you all care if it has live wallpapers? If you don't like them, don't use them. Problem solved and those who want it, can have it without jail-breaking. Everyone's happy.

Sheesh.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Why would you hope not? If they did have live wallpapers, I highly doubt one would be forced into using a live wallpaper. "That other OS" with live wallpapers sure doesn't require their use. Choice is always nice.

13. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Then just don't use it?

14. Rennir macrumors 6502

I personally wouldn't use it, but giving people the option to have live wallpapers would be nice :)

15. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Live wallpapers are

INCREDIBLE

to say the least.

My friend who has an EVO 3D showed me his various live wallpapers and I was shocked. Being so used to static picture wallpapers, live wallpapers just add a whole new experience to a device.

Battery drain sure but one can manage it so it lasts throughout the day and charge daily overnight!

16. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

The battery-life is awful on the current iPhone already. It doesn't need any help being worse.

Owning an Android tablet and have ran live wallpapers before, they are interesting for about 15 minutes before you start being concerned over how much battery and CPU its hogging up.