Liverpool ONE iP4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mkjj, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

2. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Yup I'll be there. Not sure what time I'll arrive yet. I think I got there around 5am for the iPhone 4 launch last year

3. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

See ya there, not even sure I'll get one yet but i'm still going! Sad I know :D
    But i only work around the corner anyway so it's not a special journey.

5am is a bit too early for me!

4. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

I know it's all hearsay, but apparently stock levels for the 4S far surpass what they had for the 4, and most people walked away on that day happy.

I'm thinking I'll leave it to closer to 6am this time around. 2 hours or so isn't really much of a wait, and that way I'll be out at a reasonable time and can go and enjoy the rest of my day off :D

5. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

6. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

I don't mind getting there early to be honest. It helps to make sure I'm not stood around until past midday.

Yup I'm on this picture. If you look at the right hand light stone pattern, my head is pretty much smack in the middle of it looking left, with brown hair. So being at the front of the pre-ordered queue meant I was something like 3rd or 4th through the door, and in the first set of people in. Took about 30 mins to sort the contract and walk out because the printer that the iMac was hooked up to wasn't working properly and none of the other staff would help the guy serving me (who had only started a week or so before) :p

7. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

Heh... I'm on that picture... pretty much right behind you in the queue.

Unfortunately I'll be queueing at the O2 shop this year - need to use their "Recycling" offer...

8. nrfujnbfvj macrumors member

9. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Could not figure out if they ran out of stock or just got through the crowds quickly, will go in on Monday and find out.