Living in Japan - where to buy 3rd Party mac pro ram?

Lord Nerdos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Osaka
Greetings all. For all those mac pro users in Japan who don't want to pay the Apple surcharge on ram - can you recommend somewhere to buy good quality 3rd party ram?

So far I've come across this website:
http://www.kitcut.co.jp/

Has anyone used it? What are the alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

dansz

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2007
Greetings all. For all those mac pro users in Japan who don't want to pay the Apple surcharge on ram - can you recommend somewhere to buy good quality 3rd party ram?

So far I've come across this website:
http://www.kitcut.co.jp/

Has anyone used it? What are the alternatives?

Thanks in advance!
Believe it or not I actually registered just to apply to this post! Try Omni. I don't have the link but most of the other RAM threads on the Mac Pro board do. I'm from Tokyo and Omni's 4gig x $179 price and good rep had me wondering, so I wrote them yesterday to inquire about international shipping (coincidence!). They ship internationally for $25.

Edit: which reminds me, are you a translator? If you are, do you happen to know how TRADOS runs on the Mac Pros? I'm just about to upgrade to a Mac Pro and I'll be needing TRADOS for work.

Comment

hajime

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2007
As far as I know, all the stores that sell Macs carry 3rd parth RAM as well. Haven't you heard of a place called Akihabara?

Comment

Lord Nerdos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Osaka
As far as I know, all the stores that sell Macs carry 3rd parth RAM as well. Haven't you heard of a place called Akihabara?
Yes, at prices the same as Apple's... Akihabara is in Tokyo, which is not at all near me:rolleyes:

Comment

Lord Nerdos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Osaka
Edit: which reminds me, are you a translator? If you are, do you happen to know how TRADOS runs on the Mac Pros? I'm just about to upgrade to a Mac Pro and I'll be needing TRADOS for work.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not a translator... Sorry. The translators I know use windows...

Comment

Lord Nerdos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Osaka
4 gigs for $219 plus $25 shipping!

Thanks for the info about Omni. Just ordered 4 gigs at a very low price... Should be here in 2 - 4 days:D

Comment