Living in Japan - where to buy 3rd Party mac pro ram?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Lord Nerdos, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Lord Nerdos macrumors member

Greetings all. For all those mac pro users in Japan who don't want to pay the Apple surcharge on ram - can you recommend somewhere to buy good quality 3rd party ram?

So far I've come across this website:
    http://www.kitcut.co.jp/

Has anyone used it? What are the alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

2. dansz macrumors newbie

Believe it or not I actually registered just to apply to this post! Try Omni. I don't have the link but most of the other RAM threads on the Mac Pro board do. I'm from Tokyo and Omni's 4gig x $179 price and good rep had me wondering, so I wrote them yesterday to inquire about international shipping (coincidence!). They ship internationally for $25.

Edit: which reminds me, are you a translator? If you are, do you happen to know how TRADOS runs on the Mac Pros? I'm just about to upgrade to a Mac Pro and I'll be needing TRADOS for work.

3. hajime macrumors 68030

As far as I know, all the stores that sell Macs carry 3rd parth RAM as well. Haven't you heard of a place called Akihabara?

4. Lord Nerdos thread starter macrumors member

Yes, at prices the same as Apple's... Akihabara is in Tokyo, which is not at all near me:rolleyes:

5. Lord Nerdos thread starter macrumors member

Edit: which reminds me, are you a translator? If you are, do you happen to know how TRADOS runs on the Mac Pros? I'm just about to upgrade to a Mac Pro and I'll be needing TRADOS for work.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not a translator... Sorry. The translators I know use windows...

6. Lord Nerdos thread starter macrumors member

4 gigs for $219 plus $25 shipping!

Thanks for the info about Omni. Just ordered 4 gigs at a very low price... Should be here in 2 - 4 days:D