Liz “Pocahontas” Warren’s Senate Challenger Sends Her 23&Me DNA Kit for Her Birthday

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jul 4, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I don't think certain parties on this forum realize how disliked Warren is outside of the DNC neo liberal bubble.

And progressives realized she is a turd during the election.

And Trump will run her over day and night and completely marginalize her.

This is the fate of anyone that colludes with the Clinton Crime Family.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This guy sounds like he's about 6 years old...
    --- Post Merged, Jul 4, 2017 ---
    Trump didn't even run over Hilary.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Hate to call both you and this challenger out on it, but neither of you know what it takes for Warren to be listed as Native American, relative to the tribe being claimed.

Putting on my native hat here, as what holds true for me also holds true for Warren.

The so-called "Five Civilized Tribes" are an exception to the blood-quantum rule that states that a certain amount has to be Native blood. All that needs to be traced for those five tribes (Chickasaw, Cherokee, Choctaw, Seminole, and Creek/Muskogee) is that an ancestor of theirs has to be listed on the Dawes Rolls. REGARDLESS OF QUANTUM. And a 23-and-Me DNA kit has no bearing on it, as all that has to happen is for anyone to trace their family lines back to someone who registered on those rolls between 1885 and 1906, as 1907 was when Oklahoma became a State.

I was successfully able to, as my ancestors registered in 1889. And it is that roll that is used for discerning Native blood for those tribes.

So a 23andMe kit? Idiotically naive... no not naive; idiotically ignorant on the part of this challenger.

BL.

5. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Umm...color me jealous! Those things cost over $100. I've been wanting to get one, wish someone would gift it to me like that. What a generous gift!

6. daflake macrumors 6502a

I think you missed the part where the gift was funny... ;)

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I didn't. But what was absolutely missed was the methodology used to determine the requirements for a CDIB for the Cherokee Nation, and tracing Blood quantum via a 23andMe kit isn't it.

Their bylaws state that all you need to do is trace your ancestry back to a member who is registered on the Dawes Rolls. Nothing else. Once that is established, the CDIB can be issued, which is needed for membership in the tribe.

And if it were indeed funny, using a #fakeindian hashtag really isn't, and is more vindictive, like Trump. If he wants to beat her, he needs to be better than her at the issues of her performance, not sling mud.

BL.

8. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Warren dug her own hole. She has to own it, and her opposition has the ability to exploit it.

Since she basically offers no resistance to the charge, it's going to stick like tar. I imagine she has no retort of merit on the matter.

9. daflake macrumors 6502a

Oh, I get what you are saying and I agree. It was more of a joke i think and to be fair it was well played. ;)

Slinging mud is the only thing our politicians are good at sadly.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Unless she proves them wrong by doing the research, and if proven true, no DNA test would be needed, plus would prove how naive her opponent would be for bringing up something which he doesn't know a damned thing about...

Prime Example. Someone called me out about my heritage, saying that I'm just black, and there's no such thing as a 1/2 or whatever quantum "indian" that I can claim heritage from.

All I did to shut him up was provide:
    1. provide the interview of my great-great grandmother and my great-great-great-grandmother with the purveyor at of the Dawes Commission at that time, showing him being added to the Dawes Roll,
    2. marriage license between my great-grandfather and great-grandmother, and
    3. census records showing the names of the children my great-grandparents had.
    From there, my father's and my birth record answered the rest and tied the entire thing together.

Wash/Rinse/Repeat for Warren, should the ancestors be there, with no DNA test needed, and all that 23andMe would do is tell you the makeup of who you are, not exactly who your ancestors will be in regards to claiming native blood.

BL.

11. unlinked, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017

unlinked macrumors 6502a

If you are going to evaluate things seriously then the question is has she an ancestor who was registered? That isn't as amusing though.

How people evaluate race changes over time. I think by the one drop rule I'm black [possibly I misunderstand the rule] but I don't go around claiming I'm black because I have a black ancestor hundreds of years ago.

12. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Trump cosy up to the Clintons at one point? Pretty sure he did.

13. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

Elizabeth Warren doesn't look remotely Native Indian though she might have Native American ancestry. When I was going to highschool there was the girl who was said she was about 75% Cherokee and to me she almost looked 100%. BTW she was pretty back then and still is at 50. My point is I think calling out your ancestry to get votes when it is not obvious is kind of absurd. Everyone claims to be Irish when we celebrate St. Patrick's Day and it seems there's more Irish here than Ireland every had. :D I don't like Warren not for this, but other stupid remarks that she has made in the past. Warren is the one who coined the phrase "You didn't build that!". What irk me is when she gave an example of a person who invents or makes a hot selling item. It's not person who built that, but the roads leading up to his or her store that did. That's like saying Edison didn't make a longer lasting light bulb, but the people who built the building he was working in.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You don't think she would have done this already if she wasn't just caught in a ******** lie?

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so, what is stopping her???? is there a tribe that recognizes HER?

mine would come back to "you are 100% illegal" :p

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Supreme Leader's minion strikes again. JK no need to deny it. :)

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

picture of me posting
    [​IMG]

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

[​IMG]
    Yep, there you are minus your hat. ​

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lmao, he beat Hillary & 16 other republican, that makes the losers even more stupid :p

20. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Why is he not wearing a guacamole chip sombrero.

21. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Whatever the merits of Warren's claim of Native American ancestry, Pocahontas has struck me as different from other nicknames Trump gave his opponents. He usually goes for an adjective+first name combination. But Pocahontas is a name that has mostly positive associations, like the Disney film with that title and the heroine of said film. If Warren is smart about it, the nickname can be turned to her advantage -- which is very odd for a Trump nickname.

22. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Let's assume, despite what bradl has pointed out, that she did lie about this. That's one lie vs. how many for Trump?

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

with nachos & jalapeños on the side :D,,, now I am hungry :D

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Do I want to ask about your definition of stupidity? Naw... And you did not deny being a Trump minion, we got that one figured out already. :)

25. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

That's no way to talk about the electorate. :mad: