Local Los Angeles Retailers for iPad 2 skins (screen and back protection)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mbman81, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Mbman81 macrumors member

Jun 5, 2010
    Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I finally joined the iPad fan club with my recent purchase of an iPad 2.

I would like to buy a good screen + back protection film (ie wrapsol, ghost armor, bodyguards, etc) from a brick and mortar store. I would order a wrapsol online but I'm leaving out of town this weekend and want to take my iPad with out worry - by getting it protected before I leave.

Wrapsol website says that walmart carrys the ipad 2 skin, but none of the walmarts around here do. I called them all...

I know of a few Zagg kiosks in the Los Angeles area malls, but Zaggs are my least favorite due to the strong orange peel feel they have.

Does anyone know of a store or mall kiosk in the Los Angeles San Fernando valley area that carries the screen + back protectors (besides Zagg)? Advice, input, or other suggestions are appreciated.

2. kwajkat macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Might be too late for this but I have just kept mine in the plastic wrapper it came in. Works great as a protector especially if kept inside a case. I know the first Zaggs were cut wrong and there were no others in my area which is why I just kept in the wrapper. Wrapper is still like new and works great. Will continue to keep it in there until it needs to be replaced. By the way I just folded back the little tab that covers the plug outlet.
  3. Built macrumors 68020

Oct 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    As far as I am concerned, Power Support Crystal Films are the only way to go for screen protection. I have had them on each of my iPhones from my first iPhone in 2007 to my iPhone 4...as well as on my iPad 1.

Power Support has a store in Burbank...and you can also purchase online. The iPad 2 Power Support Crystal Films for iPad 2 begin shipping April 7th. The staff at the Power Support stores do fast, cheap, professional applications of the screen protectors...or you can do it yourself.

I just ordered one even though I don't anticipate purchasing an iPad until at least May, or whenever they sort out some of the current quality control issues. I want to make sure I have the protector the day I receive my iPad.

Their site is www.powersupportusa.com

Apple Stores no longer carry Power Support.
  4. Mbman81 thread starter macrumors member

Jun 5, 2010
    Thanks for the input!

I, too, am actually still using my iPad in the original packing while trying to find a screen + back protector. Ha ha

I did reach out to power support. As you mentioned, the don't currently have them available. Which is unfortunate because they r my favorite as far as the plastic static protectors go. The other issue is that I would still be missing the back cover. When I called he said that they would not be making a protector for the back. That is definitely something that I will need.
  5. ScottJ macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2011
    Does anyone know the PowerSupport's Burbank store days/hours?