Lock her up!! Uh...never mind...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by noisycats, Nov 22, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The problem with that: The President doesn't doesn't get to decide who is investigated and prosecuted.

There is supposed to be independence in both the FBI and the Justice Department. And there is still an ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation. (It's a b/s one, prompted by Congressional meddling, but still.)

The FBI and Justice Department shouldn't interfere in elections (hear that, Director Comey?) and politicians don't interfere in the course of Justice (hear that Donald Trump?)

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

It was probably what they secretly agreed on all along. :cool:

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

On election night, I figured he was done with it when he said in his speech that the whole country owed her a debt of gratitude for her service.

4. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Do you really think that Obama via Lynch didn't have a say in whether Comey brought charges against Hillary in the first place? The AG serves at the will and pleasure of the President. They do something the President doesn't like, they get fired.

5. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Donald: "Now if the four of us do this, we're gonna need a safe word, how about, 'President Elect Trump'?"

Bill: "Hahaha, Don, you crazy sumbitch, this would be the only time you'll ever hear that ... who am I kidding, you won't even hear it tonight, I'm all in!"

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Donald said everything and anything to get votes. Not unlike most politicians. But his nastiness was to rile up his base - his "movement."

I sincerely wonder how much that same group will love Donald's actual Presidency. Time will tell.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

This is the $3 question. Who will be more upset at the Trump administration. His supporters or detractors.

8. noisycats, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016

noisycats thread starter macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Concur with both. It will be most fascinating and the reason I made the post.

I could give a rat's ass what Donald "walks back." I never trusted a word out of his bombastic mouth and I have zero positive expectations out of his presidency. As such, I can't really be disappointed. My disappointment, my 'butt hurt' as some like to put it, was experienced and resolved within 48 hours of the election.

I'm truly interested in seeing how his supporters react, accept, accommodate, rationalize the growing discrepancy between who Donald was, and who he is becoming.

9. Herdfan macrumors 6502

As long as he is not Hillary Clinton, it matters not.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Actually, they'll look around and remember it was Clinton who was the other choice. They'll blame her for not winning. We're looking at four years of hearing about how anybody could have beat Trump like a dusty carpet and yet Clinton couldn't get the job done, trust a Clinton to mess up the simplest job. Yada yada. She's down but not forgotten as piñata. O patria mia... :rolleyes:

11. samcraig macrumors P6

BTW - one of the other screaming points was about pay for play with the Clinton Foundation. And now we hear from foreign dignitaries who are going to stay at Trump's DC hotel to gain favor with Trump.

So there's that. But no outrage from Trump supporters, I'm sure. I'm sure it's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

12. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

F the CNN and Donald Trump. He backpeddled and i'm holding him responsible.

13. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Exactly. If a Trump voter could be truly honest with themselves, they would agree that it came down to voting for the right genitalia.

14. yaxomoxay, Nov 22, 2016

yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Edited. Not meant as a personal attack.

15. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Most conservatives have a fetish for Margaret Thatcher, and now for Theresa May, and no conservative said that "there's a special hell for women that vote HRC," while the opposite is true.
    Please, don't be offensive to the intelligence of PRSI contributors. The campaign is over.

17. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Please don't kid yourself to think that there isn't a double standard. "It was just locker room talk" took the cream of the crop. Or sit in your bubble and pretend that you are so above it.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

This is ridiculous. Campaign is over, and I have to read this crap.
    It doesn't count that I read books that you wouldn't even be able to hold in your hands let alone read, it doesn't count that I actively study government, US history, bureaucracy, political science, macroeconomics (not as much as I would like), that I work in government, read bios of great American thinkers (do you even know who Kennan is?) or great Americans/statesmen in general and I am incredibly active in my community.
    No, it doesn't matter to you is because you are so sure that I didn't vote for HRC because she's a woman (though I wanted Condi Rice, but that doesn't matter to you I guess). Get off your soapbox; that's why HRC lost, not because of her DNA.

Most people here - on both sides - are serious. Again, you're offending most contributors.

19. ibookg409, Nov 22, 2016

ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Edit this. You will get banned. Edit it quick.

20. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Maybe that's not an explicitly enumerated power of the president, but c'mon man. By way of appointment, the president gets to "hire and fire" both the Attorney General and Director of the FBI. And beyond that there is also political pressure and political capital. You write many of the most intelligent posts in this forum, you must know this.

21. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

You don't have to read it. That is the beauty of the internet. Was I supposed to be impressed?

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

No, you're supposed to be respectful of other's choices.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 22, 2016 ---
    Done, thanks for the warning.

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

He very much is Hillary Clinton, only worse.

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Using a thesaurus and being garrulous does not necessarily equate to intelligence.