Lock screen shows wallpaper instead of album artwork when song is playing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zombify, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Zombify macrumors newbie

Lock screen shows wallpaper instead of album artwork when song is playing. This seemed to have started after upgrading to 4.2 last week. It used to be that when a song was playing and I hit the top button, it would show the album art on the screen. Now it just shows the lock screen wallpaper. Anyone else notice this?

2. jckbac9 macrumors newbie

I'm having similar problems as well. Sometimes my lockscreen will display a collage of 4 different albums or simply display a completely random album. Most of the time the correct album art is displayed, but the problem occurs on a daily basis.

This all started after I updated to iOS 4.2 as well.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please share!

3. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

This is going on with my iTouch. No album artwork.

4. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

Have the same problem. For me it helps if i change the song in the musik app

5. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

Every time you sync new music, or update your old music, the album artwork will not be shown on the lock screen. Just turn it off and back on. It will be there now. About the mixed up artwork, the only way is to remove it by syncing and put it back by syncing again. I have this issue as well on my iPod touch. Hope this helps.