Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eboakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
East Coast
I'm trying to set up a new iPhone from an iCloud backup of my old iPhone. The new iPhone asks for the password for my original iTunes Store login, but won't accept my password. That original ID is my name, and not an email address. I changed my iTunes Store login to an email address a few years ago. AppleCare says that somehow Apple did not keep my original iTunes login in my store account info, even though they normally keep the data on all of your prior iTunes login names. Therefore, I cannot recover my data to this new iPhone! I even tried skipping this step, but the iPhone harasses me incessantly for this password, but will never accept it. How can I get past this without having to re-download and sort into playlists the 4,703 songs that I've purchased, at least half of which are with my original (non-email) iTunes Store ID, let along the apps, including older ones that are no longer downloadable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.