locked sprint iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gfranson, Aug 19, 2012.

1. gfranson macrumors newbie

Here is the history plus I am an electronic idiot, so bare with me. In June, I transferred my Cricket number to Sprint, live in boyfriend's account. Bought the Iphone 4S. Two week later, ex moved out and shut my line off by telling Sprint that it was lost or stolen. I explained it isn't even too phone to Sprint. Sprint now has opened a new account for me to transfer line to myself. The department isn't open on Sundays. I am debating on just getting a new Iphone and new number but now my question(s). First, Am I now stuck with the original (2 months old) phone until the 2 years is up? Can I sell it with the understanding nothing can be done until that time or is there anything I can do until then? Sprint says no. HELP.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

First, you should have left things alone since the iPhone 4S was under your BF's account. But that's history and I understand you wanted service for that 4S. Since Sprint opened a new account under your name, your stuck with it until you either full-fill the 2 year term or pay an ETF (Early Termination Fee). Sell the phone and use those funds to get yourself out of contract. I believe the ETF is $350.00. This figure lessens as you get close to full-filling your contract.

3. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

You should of just kept things the way it was originally and then went to best buy sold the phone and purchase another one with the funds that best buy was going to give you. Hey we all lived and learn.