Lockscreen camera shortcut - not saving photos!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bTaryag, Mar 24, 2012.

1. bTaryag macrumors member

When I take a photo by turning on the iPhone, tapping on the camera app, and then taking a picture, and I turn off the phone immediately after taking the picture (while the OS is still processing the HDR image), that image is saved.

However, when I access the camera by the icon on the lock screen, in the above scenario the photo is not saved. This is very annoying!

Can someone test this and see if this happens by them as well?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What do you mean it isn't saved? It doesn't show in the Photos app when you unlock the phone?

3. bTaryag thread starter macrumors member

Exactly. The photo isn't saved to the camera roll at all.

4. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I just tried it out and mine saves to camera roll. You need to enter the passcode to unlock the phone first but then it is there.

5. bTaryag thread starter macrumors member

Are your photos being saved as HDR? The problem only exists if I shut the phone while it is processing the HDR photo.

6. aztooh macrumors 6502a

This completely defeats the purpose of the lockscreen camera shortcut.

OP, I am having the same issue. You just have to let it completely save before hitting 'home' or the sleep button if you access the camera via the shortcut.

7. bTaryag thread starter macrumors member

I suspect this is a bug and is not intentional. If you access the camera via the camera app icon once the phone is on, this does not happen!

Thanks for confirming that it's not just me!

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I tried it with HDR, and pressed the lock button while it was Saving HDR, and the photo saved.

9. bTaryag thread starter macrumors member

Which iPhone/iOS are you using? I'm using an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4s / 5.1

11. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1
    From lock screen camera shortcut, HDR photo doesn't save unless I wait the five seconds for the processing to finish before pressing the lock button. If I unlock the phone first I don't have to wait for it to save. Glad I rarely use HDR, only use it when taking time to set up a nice shot.

12. aztooh macrumors 6502a

You either have a special phone, or it's an intermittent problem. I took a pic the other day and didn't wait for it to save/process HDR...went to send it a little while later and it wasn't there. Thought I messed up. Then I saw this thread, tested it, and indeed it failed to save to camera roll again.

13. cynics macrumors G3

I tried it 5 or so times. If I press the lock screen button as soon as it says saving on the screen the screen goes black obviously. Turn it back on and goto camera roll the pic is there.

Looks like I'm in the minority.

4S 16gb iOS 5.1

14. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I tried it again, turned the screen off while it was saving and it was in my camera roll.

15. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Well, I hope more try this and comment so we can get a better sense of how many are having an issue. If there's only a few of us having the problem, off to the "Genius" Bar.