Logic Pro X

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Lowe Lilliehorn, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Lowe Lilliehorn macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

Ok. Let us slow down.

I did a mistake. I download the Public Beta. On my Logic device.
    Now, Beta 3/PB2, it doesn't work. It crashes all the time.
    I know that you all are going to answer something like "Its a beta!"
    Yeah I know. But instead, do someone of you know a workaround? Something I can do? Please help

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ DO NOT INSTALL HIGH SIERRA ON A LOGIC PRO X DEVICES OR GARAGEBAND!!!!⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

2. tjedora macrumors newbie

tjedora

I guess you didn't make a backup beforehand? In this case, you can only wait and see if they can fix it within the next beta. Make sure to report the problem with the feedback tool.

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

have you tried reinstalling logic X? tried using it in a 'test' admin account? am in the midst of a project, but in a few weeks, will try out 10.13 with logic (i'll clone my drive with carbon copy cloner first... in case).

good luck. disturbing if LX can't yet run on the betas... it's an apple app, on apple software. another user on this forum is also having problems. but someone listed the app in 'working' on the "works/does not work" thread...

4. Lowe Lilliehorn thread starter macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

Thabo you so much!
    I Will ho Ahed and try it right now!:)

5. Lowe Lilliehorn thread starter macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

Hi again. Thank you so much! But, unfortunately, it didnt work..... Does it work for you? :)

6. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Might be because of a 3rd party plug or driver interacting within logic, but regardless this kind of stuff is distressing. Why? Because we go from a stable OS to one full of inconsistencies and compatibility problems. And for what? Seriously for what? Is there anything so compelling in this over Sierra that it is worth these headaches? Why not just polish what already works instead of reinventing the OS every year with all the incompatibilities. whatever, rant over...

7. Lowe Lilliehorn, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

Lowe Lilliehorn thread starter macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

yeah

8. Alnazarin macrumors newbie

Alnazarin

I guess it doesn’t make sense to write again but never install betas on main computers, - so with that out of the way please report it to apple.

I have a MacBook Pro retina mid 2012 that I use for readying my studio projects for new os releases and there is definitely a major bug with Logic Pro X at the moment causing a crash when making a new instrument track.
    I have tested this with a fresh install and no plugins enabled, and on two extra machines, - same crash behaviour.

Again please report it to Apple through the feedback assistant,- after all this is why we have public betas

9. fisherking, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017

fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

dude, it's a beta. do you understand what a beta is? seriously, i've been thru this; one of the el cap betas killed some of my 3rd-party plugins, so... it's my problem, i chose to run a developing OS (apple sorted it out with the next beta version).

running a beta requires one to accept the consequences. if it's not for you, wait for the final release (and, fwiw, high sierra is an upgrading of sierra, like snow leopard was to leopard, hence the name...)

10. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

logic X 10.3.2 was just released, so might be worth running that update (if you're on 10.3.x); at least, nothing to lose by trying this...

11. Lowe Lilliehorn thread starter macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

Hi!
    Tried that too. Didnt work either.....:oops:

12. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i have to finish the work i'm doing, and then will install high sierra (whatever beta version we're then up to) on my music mac. but curious to see how widespread this is. have you checked the apple forums?

13. Lowe Lilliehorn thread starter macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

Yeah, ok!
    Please tell me if it works for you.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 19, 2017 ---
    Yeah, checked the apple forum. They notice the same problem

14. Lowe Lilliehorn thread starter macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

15. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i'm unfortunately weeks away from installing HS on my music mac, i won't do it mid-project. but if people having this issue report it on apple's feedback page, they're bound to notice.

hopefully this will be resolved with the next beta (maybe this week? or next...). good luck!

16. Lowe Lilliehorn thread starter macrumors regular

Lowe Lilliehorn

Yeah hope so!
    Thank you so much! I REALLY appreciate it! :) :)

17. greg624 macrumors regular

greg624

I posted about this a while ago. Logic doesn't work with High Sierra Beta 3. It stopped working for me and that made me downgrade back to 10.12.5. Now running 10.12.6 on my 2017 MacBook Pro. Much better. No problems at all, and better battery and much smoother. I will wait for the final release.