Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nastri83

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
Have they ever announced products at NAMM? I hope you're right.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with the Mac Pro announcement, since it's geared towards video/3D stuff, and not so much audio. A reddit user suggested that perhaps they will use the GPU's for processing power in Logic X. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but that would be HUGE and would definitely make me buy one.

Logic X and Mainstage 3.
DO WANT!

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
I don't think Apple announces products at NAMM. I think it will be announced when the Mac Pro is released. I have a feeling that like the Mac Pro Apple has completely reinvented Logic using OpenCL. It just might blow everything else out of the water tapping those GPUs with advanced features and easy of use for a $199 download.

Heres hoping.

Grohowiak

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2012
I need this and I'm thinking if I should but the 9 now or somehow wait few more months. $199 is not much but still it would suck to have to spend another $199 again in near future.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I need this and I'm thinking if I should but the 9 now or somehow wait few more months. $199 is not much but still it would suck to have to spend another $199 again in near future.

That's pretty much what I'm doing right now. I don't want to have to spend $199 twice. At least I have Live 9, Traktor DJ, and Lemur to tie me over until Logic Pro X is released. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.