Login screen wallpaper glitch?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Ideanj, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Ideanj macrumors member

Hi everyone,

Out of nowhere, my login screen on Mojave 10.14.1 started glitching out on boot. I've cleared the PRAM, booted into safe mode and ran first aid on the disk but the issue still happens. Once I log in, the dynamic wallpaper displays like normal. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm running a 2018 MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz i7 with 16GB RAM. See screenshot below:

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!!

2. Big Ron macrumors 6502

Big Ron

I had this also. I changed the wallpaper to a static one, changed my scaling options to the highest, small text, rebooted then changed everything back. So far all has been ok. I don’t know if changing the scaling or going from a dynamic wallpaper to a static one then back to a dynamic one did the trick. Or if indeed it was a combination of the both but the changes have stuck.

3. fisherking macrumors 604

fisherking

as above, i'd try changing the screen resolution, reboot, see how that goes... then change it back to what you want. fixed a (slightly) similar problem for me several years ago...

4. Ideanj thread starter macrumors member

Thank you fellas. I will try your suggestions this evening and report back.

5. Ideanj thread starter macrumors member

Just as an update, changing the scaling did not resolve the issue however changing from a dynamic wallpaper to still, rebooting then changing it back to dynamic did the trick.

Thank you!