Logitech® diNovo Edge™, Mac® Edition [FOR REAL]

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by slieu92, Aug 16, 2008.

1. slieu92 macrumors regular

2. remmy macrumors 6502a

Logitech took too long producing that, lol would of got one last year in February but got Apples wireless version in about May and I doubt I was the only one.

3. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Is there anything ridiculously special about this keyboard that can justify its price tag? I suppose it does look pretty and has a potentially cool-looking volume controller, but other than that...

...but at least it makes the Apple keyboards look less expensive. :D

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

What is the circle dealy and other stuff on the side for?

And yet it has no number pad..... I will not buy one unless it has a number pad...

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

the circle is a trackpad, and it also has volume controller. logitech is known for making feature-packed products like the MX revolution with loads of custom buttons and a battery indicator.

6. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

If it had (or offered) a number pad, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

7. dimonay macrumors member

8. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

So buying, now go make the Z Cinéma Advanced Surround Sound System work for a mac...

~Steven

9. slieu92 thread starter macrumors regular

greedy bastards

10. remmy macrumors 6502a

But it. does have delete key which the apple wireless doesn't and trackpad for when I'm ultra lazy.

Also noticed its cheaper than the PC version which must be a first.

11. II AndyG33 II macrumors regular

II AndyG33 II

I have a regular diNovo Edge...
    it works fine...
    the only thing is that it doesnt have a command key...
    instead it has normal pc keys

but its completely compatible with macs

12. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

$160? Not for a keyboard (I know, it has a trackpad too). I think I would almost rather just get Apple's BT keyboard, even though I'm not a fan of those either. I would probably rather just run a couple of hideous USB extension cables and a wired keyboard. Or a cheap BT PC keyboard.

13. GNice macrumors 6502

I know it's REALLY expensive as keyboards go...but I gotta have one! :D

14. jshamin1 macrumors newbie

where to get one???

does anybody have any suggestions on where to get one? I've searched online and not able to find a retailer that has one in stock. thanks in advance for any help!

15. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I have the diNovo edge for PC and I freaking love it. Everyone made fun of me a year ago for buying a $200 keyboard but I type a ton and I type very heavy and I usually blow through a keyboard every 3 months. This thing is really durable. It took a month of typing before I started to see wear on the keys (trust me thats REALLY good for me) the keys are extremely responsive, the connection is 100% all the time, and the battery life is great. I only have to recharge this thing about once a month. Yes it is 100% compatible with mac too cause I have my mac and pc on a kvm switch and switch between the two all the time. The only downside is the lack of a num pad but I have an external num pad just for those purposes. No buyers remorse whatsoever here.

16. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

It does not appear to have been released yet. The info page on Logitech's site posted earlier ( http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/4429&cl=us,en ) has a "Notify Me" button in the place that the "Buy Now" button usually is on Logitech product pages for buying directly from their store.

17. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When it's available for significantly less via Amazon, etc, I'd seriously consider one... although I would need a new black and Aluminum iMac to go with it.... Hmmm.... *evil twiddle*

18. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

I use one with a PC at work for our security system and it is fantastic. We have a NEC 46" monitor that displays our cameras and I can be 25 feet away from the PC that is connected to this keyboard (so I can stand in front of the display) using the diNovo without a glitch. The track pad works very well.