iPad Pro Logitech - CREATE Keyboard Case for Apple® iPad® Pro 12.9" - Black

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by thedru13, Jul 15, 2017.

1. thedru13 macrumors regular

So wanted a keyboard for my new IPP 12.9. I went to buy the apple keyboard but since i travel a lot wanted more of a case. I ended up picking up the Logitech Keyboard. I like it so far. It is bulky and wish it had a pencil holder but so far i like it. I am a bit worried the keyboard will hit the screen when its closed but there is a gap so as long as I don't crush it in my bag I think it will be okay. Love that the keys are backlit and it doesn't need any charging and doesn't use bluetooth. So far I am impressed. some pics of the keyboard.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitec...e-ipad-pro-12-9-black/4638451.p?skuId=4638451
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pspressart macrumors regular

I have both the ASK and the Logitech Create keyboards. While the hard case and backlit keyboard looked appealing, I have used the ASK about 98% of the time. The light weight and versatility of the ASK, as well as the smaller footprint became the major factors for me. I am not usually in a situation where I would need the backlit keys. Also, I ma about to get a 2nd gen 12.9 IPP and I am not sure the Create back shell would fit it properly.

3. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Logitech also has slimmer keyboard with a pencil holder. I believe its lighter than create one.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/slimcombo

4. thedru13 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for posting this. Now I wish I would have gone this route. This is more of what I am looking for.

5. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

6. thedru13 thread starter macrumors regular

Quick correction. Just realized that this is for the first gen not the newest 12.9 IPP. The case
    Covers the flash on the camera opening. Guess I will wait for the correct one to be released.

7. Fravin macrumors regular

Fravin

The ASK is a different product. It doesn't offer protection, unless the screen. If you use it with that silicone back cover you will get a greater protection and greater footprint.

But the point comparing both products should be their keyboards. And the Create's one is a winner. It's just like a MBP keyboard. Friendly for anyone that has been using an Apple laptop.

I can't get that fabric covered keyboards. None of them, even the Surface one.

8. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Excellent! This is essentially their ultrathin version of the Logi Blok.

9. Pspressart macrumors regular

I do have the silicone back cover. The iPad and an iPhone are the only Apple products I own, so the fabric covered keyboard is good. I also have a somewhat unique situation - a 14-year old Siamese cat who loves to be near me when I am using my iPad. She sneezes a lot and it is much easier to clean her snot off the fabric keyboard than a regular keyboard with the crevices between keys and board..