Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Although this case was designed for the iPad 2, it also works great with the new iPad.

The case has a magnet to automatically turn on/sleep the iPad and I can report that it works great with the new iPad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332472738.920817.jpg

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
For the different thickness, ipad 2 keyboard case will fit 80% in new iPad 3,it's a little bit awkward,How come we buy an iPad 2 keyboard without pay attention to the new keyborad special for New iPad 3 here,?

https://slickdeals.net/deals/keyboard/

I actually bought that keyboard first. Different brand but it looked exactly the same. The build quality was very poor.

Some keys were mushy and one key kept getting stuck! I'm much more satisfied with a brand like Logitech.

NikiPod

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2012
London, England
Although this case was designed for the iPad 2, it also works great with the new iPad.

Is this a new iPad 2 case, or did you already have this case (and used it with an iPad 2) prior to getting an iPad 3?

I'm really tempted to buy this case (iPad 2 variant) for my iPad 3, as its considerably cheaper...

I'm just concerned about fit.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
For the different thickness, ipad 2 keyboard case will fit 80% in new iPad 3,it's a little bit awkward,How come we buy an iPad 2 keyboard without pay attention to the new keyborad special for New iPad 3 here,?

https://slickdeals.net/deals/keyboard/

Because, despite some of the threads you've read on this site, some of us who had an iPad2 bought the new iPad.;) And those of us who had the '2 already had cases for them.

And for those of us who managed to get a 3 into a 2 case, it's good for the padding community to report what works, it may keep others from having to wait days or weeks for a case, or maybe allow someone to buy a 2 case on sale.

I've got my 3 to barely fit in my logitech fold up keyboard, though it's been reported online to be a no-go. Real tight fit, it'll take a couple of tries, and anything but the thinnest of protective screens on the back will stop it entirely.

Not ideal under any conditions, but I may forego spending buying the updated version when it comes out.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Is this a new iPad 2 case, or did you already have this case (and used it with an iPad 2) prior to getting an iPad 3?

I'm really tempted to buy this case (iPad 2 variant) for my iPad 3, as its considerably cheaper...

I'm just concerned about fit.

I intentionally picked up the iPad 2 version to save money. Since the new iPad is just thicker, it still fits great in this keyboard case.

Picked mine up on Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.