London Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badman89, Oct 10, 2013.

1. badman89 macrumors regular

I was chilling with my buddy in London last weekend when I noticed that the lock button on his iPhone 5 didn't work. He had to go through some complicated three step process every time he wanted to lock his phone. Since his iPhone is only a couple of months old, I ask him why he doesn't get it repaired under warranty. His response was that the warranty is completely useless to him because it's impossible to get an appointment at the apple store. The online booking system allows you to make an appointment up to three weeks in advance, but every time he goes on the website there are never any available slots for any time during the next three weeks. So essentially his lock button doesn't work, his apple warranty is completely useless to him, and there's nothing he can do about it. I wonder what one does in a situation like this? Surely it must be illegal for a company to fail to honor their warranty in such a manner.

2. alFR macrumors 68020

Er, ring the support line up? You know, like people do who don't live close to an Apple Store? They'll send out a replacement...

3. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

It really depends on which store you look at to book an appointment, as there are many stores in London. Trying to book at a smaller one like White City or Brent Cross seems impossible. Recently I got an appointment for iPhone within a week..not too bad a wait really.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Just have him make an appt. regardless if it's 3 weeks or more. That time will come rather than not making one at all and have 3 weeks pass by with still the same issue.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

As another poster said, there are many Apple Stores in London. Try them all if you can.

Before the one in Reading was opened, I always found that appointments were readily available at Westfield. Regent Street always seemed booked, same with Covent Garden now.

6. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Total BS.

Regent Street

[​IMG]

82 available slots in the next 6 days.

7. D3TSURA macrumors member

How are they failing to honor their warranty when he has not notified them of any issues?

There are clearly reservations that are available so he must not be trying that hard to find a reservation. Also, he could just pick up his phone and call Apple Care. If your friend couldn't actually get an appointment, then it is your friends responsibility to use one of Apple's other options to contact them to make them aware of an issues he is experiencing.

8. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Maybe he is confused and has been asking in his local green grocer ;).

They wouldn't have appointments to repair their apples :rolleyes:.

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

I also call BS and find that hard to believe. I live in London and I have never had to wait that long for an appointment. There are 5 stores in the London area and 6 if you count the one in Kingston. If you try them all you will typically get an appointment within a week at the latest.

Furthermore its absolute rubbish that it is illegal for a company to fail to honour the warranty in that manner as they have not denied him anything. I can guarantee if he were to get an appointment at a Genius Bar within the warranty period Apple will replace the phone on the spot without giving him any aggravation.

10. Kubus macrumors regular

Possibly London Ontario?

----------

Mind you I just made a reservation there for Saturday and no issues

11. D3TSURA macrumors member

I just looked, there are plenty of openings there as well.

12. g4manimac macrumors 6502

13. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Sounds like your friend might be a bit lazy since everyone is finding slots in all these apple stores..