London Calling: The MR meetup

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Later this year, I'd really like to meet as many of the UK contingent as practically possible over a few drinks and some food somewhere in central London... anyone else up for it?

I say later this year 'cos I'll be off work and out of action for a few months for health reasons but sometime like Sept? I know it seems far away but before you know it, it'll be mid-summer, then you'll be going on hols so really I'm just floating an idea at this stage.

Anybody who says 'Yeah!', I'll make a note of and PM closer to the time.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
edesignuk said:
So long as we don't have to wear Apple T-shirts with I'm a Fanboy/gal written on them I'm in :D
Cool.

No t-shirt? Well, I expect to see a rippling six-pack from all those gym sessions then. :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Also, any suggestions on venues definitely welcome.

A good pub/winebar etc. with good food handy to transport links for all would be ideal.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Count me in too assuming dates are OK - unless of course we all meet each other beforehand picking up our copies of Tiger from Regent St ;)

Where? Um... why not just keep it at Central London somewhere for the moment and decide nearer the time when we have more idea of weather and any potential new venues that open closer to the time!

Is it too much to assume a Saturday or Sunday during the day so that those outside London can make it more easily?

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
edesignuk said:
heh heh heh, born in '91 huh....poor baby :p

JOKING! (before anyone decides they want to take offense to this :D)
Lol, I think I might look a bit out of place.. ;)

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
The London Geekfest, as it's known, has a spiritual home in The Bar With No Name, just down from Neals Yard and Covent garden, iGav can give more accurate directions.

The last incarnation saw iGav, Britboy, CavemanUK and myself drinking an odd assortment of beverages whilst being visited by every ex-girlfriend iGav's got and wondering why his camera required the combined output of several power stations....

You had to be there.

Count me in is what I really meant to say.

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
Later this year..well I should be in Portsmouth until July so if it's any time up to then I should be able to make it, after that I might actually have a job as I will have graduated (subject to non failure that is) and have no idea where I shall be!

Let me know closer to the time, I'll try and make it!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I don't live in the UK so could anyone pitch in and pay for my airfare? I'd love to meet all of you.

p.s. I only fly first class. Thanks and hope to see y'all soon.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Lacero said:
I don't live in the UK so could anyone pitch in and pay for my airfare? I'd love to meet all of you.

p.s. I only fly first class. Thanks and hope to see y'all soon.
No problem, shall we bring Concorde out of retirement for you?

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
I guess it's possible I'll be there in Sept, but I doubt it. I WILL be in London the entire month of may, if anyone would want to get together then?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
teabgs said:
I WILL be in London the entire month of may, if anyone would want to get together then?
Unfortunately, that's when I'll be out of action but I'm sure some others here will have a pint with you. :)