Just a quick note to all of you - go home tonight and check your smoke alarms. Last night, my flatmate, in a slightly sozzled state, got home and decided to cook herself a vat of spaghetti. She then actually went to bed and left it on the [gas] stove burning away at full blast. My girlfriend and I awoke at 3am to find we were breathing light smoke and our alarm was just going into top gear. Luckily, only the bottom of the pan had reached flame temperature and I managed to get it off (still in sleep shorts - very dodgy!) but it shows you how easily it can happen. Was a might scary to say the least (though it could have been plenty worse). Aside from a mild Asthma problem and a rather acrid smell in the flat, it worked out ok, but if that alarm had not gone off, it could have been good night Vienna. A lucky escape indeed. So - go home and check you alarms! Ours has become my new favourite gadget (with a nice stock of Duracell Ultra batteries to keep him happy).