Long Delay from switching from 4G to LTE from a call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJ.Nickk, Sep 28, 2012.

1. DJ.Nickk macrumors regular

DJ.Nickk

Hey Guys, Has anyone experienced on a AT&T iPhone 5 after a phone call there a long period before it switches from 4G to LTE and i did confirm my area is covered with LTE.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

3. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

I've noticed similar problems coming out of airplane mode. I have experienced long switch times from 4G as well. Sometimes I will have to toggle it off and on to get a strong signal.

I'm wondering if there is an issue where it will try to connect to the last known LTE tower instead of searching for the closest one nearby.

4. DJ.Nickk thread starter macrumors regular

DJ.Nickk

Iv'e been using iPhone since the 3G days but i last year i started exploring Android and the switch was almost instant like 15 sec tops

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Well, 15 seconds isn't "almost instant" in my book, so I don't know what you're going on about. How long does your iPhone 5 take?

6. DJ.Nickk thread starter macrumors regular

DJ.Nickk

Couple of minutes.

7. fins831 macrumors 6502a

In 1-2 years this won't even be an issue when VoLTE goes live, until then, for faster internet speeds, its something I can deal with

8. soco macrumors 68030

soco

See that's not normal at all. Definitely drop by an Apple store with an appointment made through their website, or even the Apple Store app if you have LTE service. ;)