Long Island

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeffm5690, Sep 17, 2013.

1. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

Has anyone ever waited online on Long Island? If so which store and how was the line/stock?

2. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

I have waited in line for the iPhone 4S launch, and the iPad 3rd gen launch both at the Huntington Store in the Walt Whitman Mall. Both times I have walked out with the device I wanted. When I waited for the iPhone 4S, there was literally a mountain of them behind the genius bar. But then again, they did pre-orders for that phone also.

3. jeffm5690 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm debating if I should bother. Always preordered. My 5 is messed up with the battery crashing fast. I'm going away Saturday. Not sure if I want to bother preordering or waiting on line. I am close to the Lake Grove one at the Smithhaven mall but have no clue what time to even think about lining up...

4. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

I also, will not be lining up this time. I would love to upgrade my 4S but I am away working so I will have to wait until the Friday after. Hopefully they have them in stock then.

5. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

If you are on AT&T ...

The people at the AT&T store INSIDE the Smith Haven Mall are the best I have encountered.

When it comes to getting people in and out and knowing whats in stock as well as switching upgrades between lines on a family plan they have it nailed down.

Best example is when the 3s came out. The store manager was there at the crack of dawn, walked the line people and made a list himself of who was getting what and showing people how to check their upgrade availabilty etc all before people even got into the store.

Im going to give credit where it is due... I am a customer who wants what he wants without excuses so that's why I am taking the time to give them the praise here.

6. jeffm5690 thread starter macrumors regular

That's good to know. I wonder if I call Thursday if they can tell me if it is worth a shot there over Apple. Any idea where they line up and what time? I've heard horror stories about people 150 deep at 3am :(

7. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

They opened the mall early and lined up down the hall with a rope line like Disney. The manager knew who was going to be able to get what they wanted. He was up front and myself and a girl, who worked at the Kids Abercrombie store were the first 2 people he tole would be out of luck for our choice. He let us know he was getting more that afternoon.... Long story short a women who wanted to buy 2 had her credit card declined. We both wanted 16gig white and thats what she was trying to buy. Luck is on your side some days.

We lined up though, acroos from the store so the line was not on top of the store entrance. It kept things well organized and NOT crowded.

Calling... good luck as I am sure they are ready to pull their hair out with all the calls and probably wont give up much info ... but hey, you never know.

Edit... I got there at 7:30am I think...

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

NOBODY here knows:

a) How many phones each store will have
    b) How many of each color
    c) How many of each carrier
    d) How many of each size

and most important:

HOW MANY OTHER FREAKIN PEOPLE WILL ALSO BE TRYING TO GET ONE!

9. jeffm5690 thread starter macrumors regular

Of course. I was just looking for some guidance as I never was a waiter before!!!

10. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

what entrance do people line up at before the smith haven mall opens? I was thinking of getting to the mall by 6 am, not sure where people line up for the AT&T, the food court entrance?

thanks!

11. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

It was the entrance by TGI Fridays.. we lined up just before you go around the turn so you could see the store but again you were not on top of it. When they were ready for the next customer they came over and got you.

12. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

okay great! hopefully getting there at 6 am is early enough to get my hands on a 32gb white 5S :)

Thanks again!

13. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

Since your not getting what I want... No problem :D

14. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

haha, hoping they have plenty for everyone!

15. jeffm5690 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I am guessing I will head over at 530 or so and see how both lines are then roll the dice...

16. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I've lined up at Roosevelt Field around 5 AM a few times. Always worked for me. Thinking about doing it on Friday instead of going to an NYC store. I don't live on LI anymore.

17. jeffm5690 thread starter macrumors regular

So who is gonna venture to Smithhaven on Fri?

18. nyisles84 macrumors regular

I'm at the Verizon Store right near Roosevelt field. First in line. Was able to wait in my car which was nice but about 2 cars just pulled up so now I am waiting it out outside. I want a 32gb white and am not taking the risk with the supposed short supply of anything not space gray.

19. jeffm5690 thread starter macrumors regular

100 deep at Smithhaven. Security came out to say that unless you want grey.... Good luck...

20. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I would hate to be in NY and have to wait on a phone. So many people in such a concentrated location will equal MASSIVE lines:eek:

21. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Smith Haven Mall Apple Store has extremely limited supply of White and Gold 5S in all carriers, I was online at 4am, an Apple employee came out at about 4:45 and told everyone at the end of the line of about 30 people we wouldn't be able to get a White/Silver or Gold 5S. So I ordered online, while standing online, confirmed my online order and now I'm going to bed. Goodnight and Good Luck all!

22. Holmes31 macrumors member

I'm here at Walt Whitman mall.. they didn't say how many of each they have but they just announced that there's certain ones they have none of. That would be the AT&T gold 16GB, Verizon gold or silver 16GB, and some others. About 100 people here