Long time to boot up after Upgarding ram of MB unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gittyhai, May 13, 2009.

1. gittyhai macrumors newbie

Hello there, I recently purchased some new ram for MacBook Pro Unibody

It's 2x2GB of Corsair PC8500 1066MHz.... Mfg Part No: CM3X2GSD1066.

I took out the battery, removed the old ram and put in the new, turned it on but heard the sound and getting screen with apple LOG and rotating waiting sign, after couple minutes the screen turns blank white and idle for more than 8 minutes and got the Desktop screen of MB, some time it stays on blank white screen not getting any Desktop....this is happening in every time of reboot taking more than 10 minutes to get desktop screen And once i work the MB for couple hours system stuck for one time the Mouse pointer was freeze......check the Utilities system profile it showing 4gb of ram.

So now is my question, is there a way of getting some info at boot-up such as a BIOS or a setup? something that could help me configure? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be very much appreciated

By the way: It's an late '08 MB at 15" with 2.4GHz unibody

2. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Have you done the Zap PRAM and Repair Permissions routine? (I'll edit in the link the moment I find it) That may not solve the problem, but its good to know that it is not it.

EDIT - here. As stated before, this may not solve your problem. If anything, it could be a bad logic board or memory.

3. gittyhai thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem was fixed after Zap PRAM issue got resolved now i am getting normal starting up....Thank u very much Dr.pants .....Thank u again.

4. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

This occurred after you put in the new RAM? Your old Apple RAM does not have this problem? Then one of your RAM DIMMS might be bad. I would recommend getting an RMA. Let some other users chime in on this, though.

5. gittyhai thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem was fixed........ after Zap PRAM issue got resolved now, i am getting normal starting up....Thank u very much Dr.pants .....Thank u again. :):):):):):):):)

6. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

No problem. Enjoying your RAM, now that it isn't bad :D