Longshot but, Problem with 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sirpots, Jan 16, 2012.

1. sirpots macrumors regular

Hello all, let me give you a little background. I was a former Alltel customer that was transferred over to Verizon. Well when it was time for a new iPhone to be released I got excited. Then came along the iPhone 4s. So All is good. But lately my 3G has been dropping like random when ever I travel about 10 miles out of my hometown or location of my iPhone. I will completely loose all data or it will drop to 1xRTT. If I stay in my hometown it never drops, but outside of my hometown doesn't matter, it can be in a big city or small town, my 3G will randomly drop, and I will provide pictures below. Even at one point it said that it could not activate the cellular network is their anything I can do on my end or is this on Verizon's end. (Side note, I have a different PRL then Verizon customers because of the transition -- doubt that it matters though)

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. applephanatic macrumors member

Does this happen to other people? If this is just you then you might want to try a network reset and see if that helps. If the problem persists, call up verizon. Apple won't be able to help you here to much, you might also want to try and update your roaming ability, if you dial a certain number it will update your phone to the most current towers.

3. sirpots thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for the response. Ya my friend has the same issue and we have done all that so looks like its time to call Verizon. I was just wondering if any other former alltel customers had this problem and maybe hoping they were on this forum.