Looking at it isn’t even part of the process

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iapplelove, Nov 6, 2017.

1. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I can’t believe how effortless it is to use Face ID. I can open my device faster than friends with Touch ID even.

Pull it out of the pocket and swipe that’s it. By the time the phone is at your face it’s open.

Laying flat just a quick tap and glance, it’s open.

Anyone who says looking at it is a step isn’t using the phone.

Opening apps in the home screen with Face ID is even more enjoyable, and touchless!

A few days with an iPhone X and you won’t even think about Touch ID anymore. Great decision by Apple and they nailed it.

2. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Oh man this isn't going to get many responses at all. Allow me to be the one. ;)

(Encouraging assessment btw. Can't wait to get it in my hands).

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I forget it is even working, just swipe up and go. Even my Costa blue mirrored sunglasses do not stop it from working. I did my face ID set up in the SUV outside the Apple store and half of my face had direct sun and it still works perfectly.

4. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 601

iapplelove

lol responses?

5. Nozuka macrumors 68020

i agree. especially if you use apps like lastpass alot, it's way more convenient.

6. rider900 macrumors newbie

rider900

Completely agree with the OP. It just works. And that’s what Apple wanted, it’s seamless, fast and smooth. I’ve got no doubt it’ll improve probably after 2 years with faster hardware like with Touch ID which was improved after 2 years.

7. meikdunj macrumors regular

I agree. Swipe up and look then boom your at the home screen. Fast, efficient and fun. Easier that positioning your finger for Touch ID. Love it. Good job Apple.