Looking back on 5 years of my personal portfolio

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dornoforpyros, Apr 21, 2009.

1. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

The end of this month will mark the 5 year anniversary of my start in the web industry. In the interest of looking back I've decided to share some of my old portfolios from the last 5 years so that new and upcoming designers can hopefully gain some appreciation for the fact that we all started somewhere.

Some of this is deeply embarrassing, but I want to make a point of showing the good with the bad. So on that note, I present
    Five years of portfolios - An embarrassing walk through my harddrive

Enjoy
    -j

2. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

That's really cool of you to do that, and very honest of you. I'm completely uncreative, but that doesn't matter as you're not looking for C+C anyway.

Thanks! I'm enjoying looking through it all.

Oh, and I'm very jealous of you living in Calgary. I'd kill to live that close to Banff :(

Edit: Arrrgh! You were web admin for skibig3 in Banff!? Awesomeness. If heaven exists, it'd be Sunshine Village on a pow day.

3. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

4. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

I really appreciate your spirit of sharing. Enjoyed loooking at your work. I do see that you have gotten better over time, but I think you were pretty good right out of the gate. We'll be looking for another retrospective in 5 more years! :D

5. dornoforpyros thread starter macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

haha yeah the free ski pass that season was by far the best job perk I've ever had. Definitely puts some sting into shelling out $80 every I go out riding now.

6. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

I'm a complete no nowt with making websites but as a lay man I thought they looked great , depending what intentions you have for your sites.

When I need my site making , I'd ask you I think, probably couldn't afford tho?

7. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Great post, it was nice to see how your style/skills have developed over time.