Looking for a calendar upcoming events widget app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moveright, Jul 1, 2012.

1. moveright macrumors member

Just got my iphone4 and while I'm mostly familiar, there is ONE thing I could do on my android phone that I haven't figured out yet on this.

I had a widget that was mostly like a banner on my droid phone and it showed the next 3 upcoming events based on my calendar. It was on my home screen.

I don't care if it displays on my home screen or if I need to slide the notifications down to see it, I'd just love some sort of widget that did this.

I searched google briefly and then realized I'd probably get a really fast answer here. What app do you recommend? OR, do I even need an app? is this just a setting I overlooked?

Thanks!

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

if you set an event in your cal lender, and go into settings and go to notifications and turn on cal lender. then when you have an event, you have to slide down the notification center, and it will be there.

3. moveright thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my request.

I'm aware that I will be notified or alerted when there is an even that day, etc.. I was looking for something that would show me the next few upcoming events regardless of whether they are that day or 2 weeks out.

4. moveright thread starter macrumors member

I'm still looking for a solution to this if anyone has input.. When you pull down the notifications screen from the top, I'd really like it to show the next 5 upcoming calendar events. I have the calendar notification settings to "show 5 items" but it does not seem to abide by these terms.

What have I done incorrectly?

5. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

You could try Calvetica or Agenda. Also, you could just launch your stock calendar app (default one on phone) and set your view by "list". Then you get a table view of upcoming events.

6. aztooh macrumors 6502a

It will abide by those terms, but only for the current day.

Doing 'list view', as mentioned, looks like the only way to (closely) do what you want to do without a 3rd party app....you'll just have to open the calendar app instead of pulling down the notifications. I'm not familiar with the apps mentioned and the pics of them in the App Store don't show a screen shot of what it looks like in the notification pull down.