Looking for a cost effective 24" external display to pair with my new 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ideal.dreams, Jun 12, 2017.

1. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Howdy guys. I have an AOC 24" external display that I've been using for about 6 years or so now. It has VGA and DVI out so it's pretty antiquated by this point and I'd like to replace it with a new display to pair with my new 15" MBP.

I don't want to drop a ton of money on a display, so with that being said, does anyone have any good suggestions? I don't need anything fancy -- no onboard graphics or speaker system, etc., just a simple secondary display.

2. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

3. t3rminus macrumors newbie

t3rminus

4. littlepud macrumors regular

I went with the LG Ultrafine 4K and I'm loving it.

5. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

The HP ENVY 27" 4K display is the cheapest among 4K USB-C displays as far as I know -- it might be worth going for a 27" 4K display for future proofing since you might have the display for a long time. It works very well with my 12" MacBook.

6. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

At home I still have my old Dell u2410 to use with my 15". It's kind of nice since it has a USB 2 hub in it, so I plug a mouse and M-audio keyrig into it then into the adapter with HDMI for the monitor.

That is until I get my Ultrafine. I'm thinking of getting another u2410 since they're around $100 on eBay. The only thing I don't like about it is the anti-glare coating.