Looking for a good 22" Monitor, Hanns G?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Antimatter, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Antimatter macrumors regular

I'm looking to buy a monitor for my BlackBook. I want to buy a 22". I've been looking for a while and trying to decide which brand to buy. I've found these Hanns G models and they look nice and seem to be getting good reviews. Are these decent monitors? Here are the two I'm looking at:

HDMI
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254028

DVI
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254020

Now the first one has a HDMI port and a VGA port. I would buy the adapter for DVI and then buy a DVI to HDMI cable for this. I like the looks of this one better and the fact that it has HDMI, but it's slightly smaller.

The second one has DVI and VGA. I wouldn't have to buy a cable for this one and it comes with tons of cables and with the DVI to YPbPr cable so I presume that I can hook it up to my HDTV. It also has for USB ports, but I don't like the look of the stand.

Anyone have some first hand experience with these monitors? Or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks!

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Why not get a 23" ACD from the apple refurb store?

3. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

Sure I I had $750 laying around I would, but the monitors I listed are under $250. I can't spend almost a thousand on a monitor.

Thanks though.

4. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

I'm in the market for an LCD monitor too. Looking for the same price range as you are. I would be interested in seeing if anyone out there has any input or any other ideas for good monitors.

5. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I have a Samsung 22" SyncMaster 225BW. It was something like $240 on sale at Office Box or whatever. It only has a TN panel in it, but it's very nice.

6. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I got this one at newegg.com. You can read the reviews for it, as well as other similar products on this site. I love it. It's pretty bright out of the box. Good luck.

7. Antimatter thread starter macrumors regular

8. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

Check out the dells... very nice and affordable.

9. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

not a bad deal, good idea to keep away from the Hanns-G monitors.

my experience wasnt THAT bad however, i did not like their color inconsistency. i purchased two just to see if either or was any different and not really. spent too much time adjusting the contrast, hue ratio and brightness of it to get it at a decent color tone.

it was a 28" 1080p monitor from bestbuy, they looked great, no dead pixels, just horrible quality for color and the backlights were visible on each of the four sides of the monitor, and literally they were like desk lamps behind the screen it was that noticable.

not to mention on my macpro in OSX any color like grey, blue hues (darker), and yellows and greens i got these diagonal scan lines across those colors it was bizarre didnt happen in XP or on my MBP...was so annoying had to return it.

samsung cant really go wrong with.

10. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

There are some nice dell monitors that go on sale in that range as well

11. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

I bought a Hewlett-Packard 2207 for my wife's Mac-mini at Circuit City for $269.

It is an excellent monitor. We could not be happier.

Best of luck in your choice.