Looking for a second monitor to go with my Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by isaack, Dec 18, 2007.

1. isaack macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

im just about to buy a 24 inch al. iMac and want to set up a screen/monitor beside it to use for xb360, possibly for tv, and as a second monitor. also i want to use my xb360's hdmi, so are there any monitors that are a similair size that i could use for the above mentioned purposes. it needs to look half decent beside the imac aswell, i'm very picky about the base as so many of them look very cheap. if anyone has pics of their own setup please share. links would be great aswell. thanks in advance. i know im asking for alot but hopefully there's something out there that fits the bill.

Isaack

2. JAT macrumors 603

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

no hdmi though. i would wait and see if apple does anything with their cinema displays ie adding hdmi ect ect.

4. CV4 macrumors member

you can just buy an hdmi to dvi cable. Thats what I use to play my ps3 on my 22" monitor at school.

5. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

i use a 22" samsung that gives a 1680x1050 resolution. i too am picky about the look of a monitor when pairing it with my beautiful pb, but samsung seems to know how to do it. very simple, very subtle. its just amazing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001083

the 24" was tempting, but in the end i was happier to walk away with more cash in my wallet.

if you want a bigger size i would recommend the samsung LCD TVs. im not a sammy fanboy, i just really appreciate their quality and design

6. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

oh yea, one more suggestion

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014124

BenQ makes a smaller 22" with HDMI, but it lacks the adjustable stand and kinda looks cheapey. i saw a westinghouse 24" with HDMI on newegg as well, with HDMI, and a good price (about $400 w/o shipping), but doesnt really look that good

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I have never seen a setup of an iMac and a 2nd monitor (even ACD) that looks good because of the height differential.