Looking for a tweak... adds an "x" to banners so they don't disappear on their own

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lordofthereef, May 27, 2012.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I recently upgraded to 5.1.1, jailbroke, and used open backup. Well, open backup failed (didn't do anything even though I backed up multiple times prior to updating) so I had to essentially redownload everything. I had a tweak that would put a little "X" to the right of notifications and cause them to stick there until I either tapped the "X" to dismiss it, or I actually went into the notification. This was handy while playing a game, browsing the web, etc. as it the notification didn't just disappear if I didn't get to it in time. After that long drawn out explanation, does anyone know what the name of this thing is?

2. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Here you go boss!!! I think thats what you wanted

Ipsum

3. Norinion macrumors regular

4. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

I was going to say that too lol-----Im betting its one of them

5. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Based on the tweak's description, this isn't it.

----------

It's not this either, unfortunately. It's similar to this, and the UI element looks almost the same. What I want is for the alert not to go away on it's own. Say I am playing a game and I get an alert. I want it to stick on top until I manually tap the little "x". I had this before, but just cannot remember what it was called.

6. rrandyy macrumors 6502

7. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

8. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It seems to only do this for SMS, am I wrong? I don't see any options to do it for all alerts.

----------

Nope

9. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Yup. Just SMS. Works great on my iPad too.

10. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Yeah, I have it (through Intelliscreen X) and it really is great. Just trying to find how to duplicate that functionality with everything. I had it on 5.0.1 but now it is gone. :(

11. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I would like that too as a stand alone tweak. Do you remember the name when you had it on 5.0.1 ?

12. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G4

lordofthereef

No. Was hoping that someone here would know. I am pretty sure I saw it on modmyi (they do lots of new teak reviews). I tried sifting through their news posts but couldn't find anything remotely similar.

13. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

14. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

I just emailed the dev of NCQuickDismiss asking for this request because the x dismiss feature his tweak has I like it a lot so if he adds an update to tweak that leaves the banner there until I dismiss it. Would be great!

----------

Don't think this work after ios5...